missing right parenthesis error

Hello Team,

Even though I assign input parameter as expand inline true , I am getting missing right parenthesis error.

Any pointer would help 

Thanks 

Prajakta Roshankhede

Hi Prajacta,

that is just not enough info.  I'm guessing you are talking about sql widget ????

So share your sql, your definition of parameters, and show what you are passing in.

Solution

Hi Prajakta,

Please provide some images of your query. one line statement is not sufficient .

May be in your input parameter have missing something.

Like if you using in oprertor so you need to pass value -

InputVar= "'abc','xyx'"

Regards

Rahul Sahu

Solution

Prajakta Roshankhede wrote:

Hello Team,

Even though I assign an input parameter as expand inline true, I am getting missing right parenthesis error.

Any pointer would help 

Thanks 

Prajakta Roshankhede

Hey Prajakta,

If you could provide us with more details about your issue, we will be glad to help you out :)

With just this piece of information, I am giving this shot.

To shortcut this out, I am assuming you are dealing with an SQL Advanced Query. If you are using an IN Clause, you have to do it like this:

WHERE {SOME_COLLUMN}.[SOME_ATTRIBUTE] IN (   YOUR_INLINE_PARAMETER     )

As I said, it is just a guess. Please, do provide us with more info about your problem.

Cheers.

jomicobasi wrote:

Hello Team,

Even though I assign an input parameter as expand inline true, I am getting missing right parenthesis error.

Any pointer would help 

Thanks 

Prajakta Roshankhede

Hey Prajakta,

If you could provide us with more details about your issue, we will be glad to help you out :)

To shortcut this out, I am assuming you are dealing with an SQL Advanced Query. If you are using an IN Clause, you have to do it like this:

As I said, it is just a guess. Please, do provide us with more info about your problem.

Cheers.

Hello,

Sorry for the inconvenience, yes it is advance SQL query and I am same where clause as you mentioned .

Like this WHERE {SOME_COLLUMN}.[SOME_ATTRIBUTE] IN (   YOUR_INLINE_PARAMETER     ) 

but still I am facing same issue 

jomicobasi wrote:

Hello Team,

Any pointer would help 

Thanks 

Prajakta Roshankhede

Hey Prajakta,

Cheers.

Hello,

Sorry for the inconvenience, yes it is advance SQL query and I am same where clause as you mentioned .

Like this WHERE {SOME_COLLUMN}.[SOME_ATTRIBUTE] IN (   YOUR_INLINE_PARAMETER     ) 

but still I am facing same issue 

Hi Prajakta,

You need to use single code for this -

RE {SOME_COLLUMN}.[SOME_ATTRIBUTE] IN ('YOUR_INLINE_PARAMETER ')

or 

YOUR_INLINE_PARAMETER  vaule is ="'abc','xyz'"

Regards

Rahul Sahu

Adding to Rahul Sahu 

If YOUR_INLINE_PARAMETER  is meant to be a comma-separated numeric list, it should be set to

YOUR_INLINE_PARAMETER  value is = "1,2,3,4,5,6" /*for example, without the single quotes*/

WHERE {SOME_COLLUMN}.[SOME_ATTRIBUTE] IN ( YOUR_INLINE_PARAMETER   )

cheers.

Hello,

Please read the article blow. It's about how to build dynamic SQL and include how to use the "IN" clause in SQL widget.

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/Best_Practices/Development/Building_Dynamic_SQL_Statements_the_Right_Way

Most important tips in the URL

To properly build the values for the "IN" clause you should always use one of BuildSafe_InClauseIntegerList and BuildSafe_InClauseTextList functions available in the Sanitization extension.