facing Date covesion issue

Hi All,

I have DateOfJoin [Date] column which I fetched In my combobox. There how to display only year. I tried year() that is displaying fine in Table widget 

I am also display count of record on expression. But once I select a year from that combobox will that expression recount?



thanks

Hello Shailendra,

What is your issue? Do you have a filter for Year in the screen and it's not working?

BR,

Luis

Luís Cardoso wrote:

Hello Shailendra,

What is your issue? Do you have a filter for Year in the screen and it's not working?

BR,

Luis

 

 I want to filter it later but 1st I want to display only year into Combobox with distinct

Go it. And for that you need to know what are the years that have records, right? To show only that years.

You can do aggregate and do a "group by" with the calculated value for the year and use this query as the source of the Combobox.

Try these steps:

Right-click on Date field and select "group by year"

The result will be this:

In the Combobox, you need to select this new attribute:



BR,

Luis

Luís Cardoso wrote:

Go it. And for that you need to know what are the years that have records, right? To show only that years.

You can do aggregate and do a "group by" with the calculated value for the year and use this query as the source of the Combobox.

Try these steps:

Right-click on Date field and select "group by year"

The result will be this:

In the Combobox, you need to select this new attribute:



BR,

Luis

Thanks Luís Cardoso.  It is working fine. I don't know how to use group by  column for binding purpose. Now I clear it

Thanks once again

 

Glad to help!

Happy coding


Found Record is not working.

I took "count" local variable and stored "

EmployeeTable.List.Length

and

EmployeeTable.LineCount


Table widget is updating but not counting the records

Can you share the module (oml file) to give a look at the code?

Please check the .oml file

Solution

Hi,

You need to give a name to expression and refresh it on screen:



Also, you should use the length return from the refreshquery


BR,

Luis

Solution

Yes!!!! working fine now. Can you tell me apart from outsystems.com website where I can get the study material. Or outsystems.com is the only availability? Any e-book or any reference.


Thanks.

Hi again,

You can do the Training page where: https://www.outsystems.com/learn/ 

Also, you can google it "OutSystems Academy" and find companies that do academies/courses to learn OutSystems around the world.


BR,

Luis

Luís Cardoso wrote:

Hi again,

You can do the Training page where: https://www.outsystems.com/learn/ 

Also, you can google it "OutSystems Academy" and find companies that do academies/courses to learn OutSystems around the world.


BR,

Luis

 OK thank you