Hi All,

I have a problem in implementing a FileUpload widget and ProgressBar.
I have a popup in which I have a FileUpload widget and a ProgresBar to show the progress of the process.

When a file is selected and when I click a button it calls an action that gets the binary data from FileUpload widget and updates the progress in ProgressBar. When i try to implement this the button's method property needs to be "Submit" for getting the binary data from the FileUpload widget .Ajax Submit won't work.
But when it us "Submit", when try to update the progressbar using AjaxRefresh the refresh won't work.
And when I change the method property to "Ajax Submit" I am not able to get data from "FileUpload" widget. But, I can use AjaxRefresh to refresh the ProgressBar.

How can I make both fetching the data from FileUpload widget and AjaxRefresh to work in this situation?

Thanks
Sundeep

Sundeep S wrote:

Hi All,

I have a problem in implementing a FileUpload widget and ProgressBar.
I have a popup in which I have a FileUpload widget and a ProgresBar to show the progress of the process.

When a file is selected and when I click a button it calls an action that gets the binary data from FileUpload widget and updates the progress in ProgressBar. When i try to implement this the button's method property needs to be "Submit" for getting the binary data from the FileUpload widget .Ajax Submit won't work.
But when it us "Submit", when try to update the progressbar using AjaxRefresh the refresh won't work.
And when I change the method property to "Ajax Submit" I am not able to get data from "FileUpload" widget. But, I can use AjaxRefresh to refresh the ProgressBar.

How can I make both fetching the data from FileUpload widget and AjaxRefresh to work in this situation?

Thanks
Sundeep

Hey Sundeep,

Have you tried out the extension "File Upload"? (Notice the white space in between, link https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/352/file-upload ). 

I myself haven't taken that much deep on it, but it has an example on the eSpace named "FileUpload"

Cheers.