Table Footers

I saw a post in the Wisdom of the Crowds by Joost Landgraf about being able to have table footers, even in paging.  Has anyone done this with the currently available features that would like to share?
Hi Scott, what exactly do you want to put in the table footer?
Can you give an idea of the layout that you would like to produce?

Regards,

Daniel Lourenço
OutSystems
Our application has an accounting module and I need to add columns and present the totals in the bottom of the table.  I would also like to use paging since some of the data pulls can return a large number of rows.
Hi Scott,

I imagine you could use a "ListRecords" with only one line bellow the "TableRecords" and link it to a SQL Query with a Group by and a filter to get the results you want.

Regards,

Nuno Antunes
Hi Scott,

Regarding the table footer, I can figure out 2 ways of doing it:
  1. If you have fixed widths in your Table Cells, you can simply insert a container under your table records that holds the sums that you want to display in the correct places. Please be aware that to have fixed size column in HTML tables you have to make sure that the content inside does affect the table layout (for example, to do that you can use containers with fixed width); This can also be done using a ListRecords widget.
  2. Append a line to your Table Record to show the sums - you append a "extra" record to the record list that you are passing on to the TableRecords. This record holds the SUM values. In the TableRecord Cells, you can check if you are in the last record of the TableRecords (for example, if this is the 11th row, you could a condition like TableRecords.List.CurrentRowNumber = 11, or even some other condition that shows you that the current record holds the SUMs of your list). Visually, you can change the looks/representation of the values that are shown. You can see attached an example of how this can be done in TableWithSums screen of the ListSumExample.oml eSpace - sums are shown in the bottom of the list and in red.
Regarding the Paging question, you should take a look at OutSystems 2.0 module of the Agile Academy. Particularly, there is a  the Paging and Sorting lesson. This lesson is also interesting because is gives you some concepts of the TableRecords Runtime Properties and TableRecords properties.

Kind Regards,

Daniel Lourenço
OutSystems