Creating a shortcut app portal selection in mobile (super-app design)

Hi everyone, I want to ask about the technical approach in my current development. 

So my team currently develop a mobile app portal that contains many features, in the other word an app within app. In a page, we're going to create a feature app selection like this example:

Anyway this design is owned by Gojek application. So what will we develop is create a page that will hold all the icon app, and in that page the user can select favorite app to be shown in the home screen as a shortcut by clicking the plus (+) icon to be added, or minus (-) icon to remove. 

My question is, any suggestion for technical building for such design and feature? using an entity/static entity? or a local storage entity perhaps? Maybe there is a component in the forge that have a similar design? Any suggestion will be appreciated, thanks :)

Hi,

You should use local storage for the setting that end user already put (like gojek, each user have different position of the feature). For the function of the shortcut (url), you can use either static entitiy or entity, depends on this is manageable by CMS or hardcoded.

Toto wrote:

Hi,

You should use local storage for the setting that end user already put (like gojek, each user have different position of the feature). For the function of the shortcut (url), you can use either static entitiy or entity, depends on this is manageable by CMS or hardcoded.

okay, let's just say i am going to use local storage for implementation. As far as i know, isn't the local storage entity are empty if we not fill it with records? so i have to declare it first right? like the default value for the first four row shortcut.

Hi,

Any entity server or local is empty when you first create it

You have to write code to fill it automatically or by the user.

Each entity has CRUD actions also the local entity, you can use the <ocalentity>create action to add records to the entity.

Regards,

Dani

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi,

Any entity server or local is empty when you first create it

You have to write code to fill it automatically or by the user.

Each entity has CRUD actions also the local entity, you can use the <ocalentity>create action to add records to the entity.

Regards,

Dani

Hi Daniel, yes every entity has CRUD for their own.

By the way, here's an update for my client requirement: this shortcut settings are going to be stored to the database, so it's not local for each device. Do you have any suggestion on the database model for each user? I assumed I have to combine it with a static entity that contains the name of the url/page.

Hi,

Yes that could be a solution. Do remember I however that if these URL are endpoints of OutSystems applications you should not put the full endpoint including the domain name in the URL. As you want to point in DEV to dev apps and in in PROD to production apps. So exclude the domain name from the URL in the static entity and determine that dynamically in your app and prefix the URL from the static entity with it.

Use GetRequestDomain() from HTTPRequestHandler_API

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Reference/OutSystems_APIs/HTTPRequestHandler_API#GetRequestDomain

Regards

Daniel

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi,

Yes that could be a solution. Do remember I however that if these URL are endpoints of OutSystems applications you should not put the full endpoint including the domain name in the URL. As you want to point in DEV to dev apps and in in PROD to production apps. So exclude the domain name from the URL in the static entity and determine that dynamically in your app and prefix the URL from the static entity with it.

Use GetRequestDomain() from HTTPRequestHandler_API

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Reference/OutSystems_APIs/HTTPRequestHandler_API#GetRequestDomain

Regards

Daniel

If what you mean for URL is = contain package identifier, no i'm not going to put that in the static entity. it's not a deeplink to another app with different packages, it's just a shortcut for screen name within the Outsystems mobile platform.

So what I meant for the URL is the screen name of each feature inside the app, probably it's going to be fine? But I kinda confused in creating the standard entity model for each user, because I think it will have relational attributes for UserId and the static entity for the URL screen.