Hello, I'm new here, I would like to know if it is possible to use the same database as a web application in an APP application.

If possible, do I need to install something that does this communication?

thankful!

Hi,

Yes, you can use the same database, but, in several cases is recommended that you use the local storage of your App for performance questions and Online/Offline, just need to sync your local storage with your server database.

You can make the mobile guided path to see how it work:

https://www.outsystems.com/learn/paths/1/becoming-a-mobile-developer/ 

Hope this can help.

Best regards,

Ricardo M Pereira

Hi Kleber,

Didn't get you correctly, did you mean you have one application in Oustsysem You want use same DataBase for Mobile or other application.

Or you Sql/Oracle DataBase and want integrate in Outsystem .

1. If you have Outsystem DB and you want use same for mobile than you need to consume only DB module in Mobile App and use accordingly.

2. if You have other DB then you need to configure it via service center and Integration Studio

-follow this document for this

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Extensibility_and_Integration/Integrate_with_an_External_Database

Regards

Rahul

Rahul Sahu wrote:

Hi Kleber,

Didn't get you correctly, did you mean you have one application in Oustsysem You want use same DataBase for Mobile or other application.

1. If you have Outsystem DB and you want use same for mobile than you need to consume only DB module in Mobile App and use accordingly.

2. if You have other DB then you need to configure it via service center and Integration Studio

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Extensibility_and_Integration/Integrate_with_an_External_Database

Regards

Rahul

Hi Rahul, 

No, the database that I would like to use is the one from Outsystems itself, I managed to integrate with a MySQL database using extensions and it worked fine, but I would like to know if it is possible to do it through the outsystems database because it is an extremely simple application .

Hello Kleber,

Yes, its possible to do all your required task using Outsystems DB, it is recomend to use this OS DB if your DB size requirement is not large.

Regards,

Sanjay

Kleber Quilez wrote:

Rahul Sahu wrote:

Hi Kleber,

Regards

Rahul

Hi Rahul, 

No, the database that I would like to use is the one from Outsystems itself, I managed to integrate with a MySQL database using extensions and it worked fine, but I would like to know if it is possible to do it through the outsystems database because it is an extremely simple application .

Hi, 

For architecture reasons, you should place your dB in one separated module and then you can consume your entities from that module from any other front-end module, such as web, mobile or reactive web. 

Hope this can help. 

Best regards, 

Ricardo M Pereira

Yes you can share the same database for the applications you want of the type you want. If you see this example of the image that I put on top (example of 4 layer canvas)... you can see that one thing is the Core Service modules, and another is the end user modules. If the application is well structured, you have the data model in the Core Service layer, in modules that, due to good practices, have the suffix CS, and this will be agnostic to the type of application (web traditional, mobile or react). And then on top you have the end users. You can still do another type of division, imagine that you have two applications (for example a web and a mobile), and both share the same business logic, but there are some concepts that do not share, so you can have a core service layer common to two, and then create core services with the specific concepts of each application. Either way, core services are agnostic to the type of application. And now there is even a concept that is being used more, which is to use Services in the Core Services layer (But we are not going to complicate this phase, it is good that you start with the simple one, and that you take the outsystems courses, to gain more knowledge about the platform).

Cheers