Views
Comments
Passing a list into email template

Hello All,

I know that passing a list into Email Template is not allowed as the size of list might be huge, But, I have a list now that need to pass into Email Template as it contains some selected records from the uploaded documents. Email Template only allows single record being passed into it. 

Referring to the screenshot below, the records with their checkbox ticked will be those records(files uploaded currently and files uploaded for this record) that I would want to pass into Email Template and then send them as attachment in the email to the recipient for their reference. Any clue on this?

Hi J u n i o r ,

You can pass your whole data to email template, follow the steps .

1. Serialize your whole list with the help of JSON Serialize.

2. Pass the serialized data as a input parameter to email template.

3. In email template Preparation action  DeSerialize the data , it will return the same whole list which you serialized .. use the list as per your requirnment .

Cheers 

Poonam

J u n i o r wrote:

Hello All,

I know that passing a list into Email Template is not allowed as the size of list might be huge, But, I have a list now that need to pass into Email Template as it contains some selected records from the uploaded documents. Email Template only allows single record being passed into it. 

Referring to the screenshot below, the records with their checkbox ticked will be those records(files uploaded currently and files uploaded for this record) that I would want to pass into Email Template and then send them as attachment in the email to the recipient for their reference. Any clue on this?

Hi,

You can follow this link- https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/22822/can-i-send-record-list-to-eamil-as-input-parameter/ 

mvp_badge
MVP

Indeed, especially my answer there.