Views
Comments
Need some clarification on Timer 

Hi All,

I needed little clarification regarding the Timer's implementation.

1. Suppose we have multiple timers, how will the timer be executed. I mean suppose we have scheduled to run each one some time, will the execution of one-timer be affecting the execution of another if the first one is taking more time?
  2. Now we have all the timer in the CS module, will it affect the functionality of other CS function or wrapper functions?
  3. Is it a good idea to move all the timer to another module. Will if increase the performance of the application?

Any other suggestions regarding Timer implementation will be appreciated. 

Thanks 

And Happy Coding ??????

By default 3 timers run at the same time and others are queued up. In case of multiple timers scheduled at the same time, the ones with higher priority is executed first. Timers can be moved to a separate module as generally so that the normal application changes don't affect the timers/are published frequently. 

you can have a look at this if interested :  https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Use_Timers 

Cheers,

Tushar   

Thanks, Tushar Panpaliya  & Benjith Sam for your suggestion. I will go through your suggested links.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Pranav,

Suppose we have multiple timers, how will the timer be executed. I mean suppose we have scheduled to run each one some time, will the execution of one-timer be affecting the execution of another if the first one is taking more time?

Three different timers can run simultaneously on 1 front-end server. So if your environment has for example 3 FE then nine different timers can run simultaneously.

I a multi-tenant application the same timer can run simultaneously as long as it is for different tenants.

Now we have all the timer in the CS module, will it affect the functionality of other CS function or wrapper functions?

No, it does not affect other functionality

Is it a good idea to move all the timer to another module. Will if increase the performance of the application?

No, don't move all timers to one module, model your code on concepts.

Regards,

Daniel