Device refreshes when the orientation changes Reactive web

Hi All,

I have a particular page that is built up of many blocks, the issue I am having is when the orientation is changed for some reason reactive web seems to refresh the page automatically but in doing this the page goes back to a previous tab on the screen and looses all the data so you have to manually refresh.

I wanted to know how much control we have on this auto refresh and if there is any work around as this makes the apps usability annoying to say the least. 

Many Thanks 

Daniel Sunner

Hi Daniel,

This seems to me to be normal reactive behavior. Just as when it detects a change in the parameters it updates, when it detects a change in the dimensions of the page, it is updated to position the page according to the new size, and this causes an update of the page.

And would it be a solution for him to have his orientation always fixed? in other words, you can't rotate?

Cheers

Miguel Verdasca wrote:

Hi Daniel,

This seems to me to be normal reactive behavior. Just as when it detects a change in the parameters it updates, when it detects a change in the dimensions of the page, it is updated to position the page according to the new size, and this causes an update of the page.

And would it be a solution for him to have his orientation always fixed? in other words, you can't rotate?

Cheers

Yeah the issue is more that fact that it is loosing the entire block when the orientation is changed I don't mind it doing the refresh as I understand it needs to re render the page but I just don't understand why the blocks disappear. 

I would want to stay away from fixing the orientation but that is a last resort option if nobody else on the forum has any other solutions 

Many Thanks