Views
Comments
Charts API line graph customization
Question

Hello,

I am writing a traditional web app using a Windows 10 machine and OutSystems 11.

I have created an overlay of two line graphs using the Charts API line graph. The data shows responses from 2 surveys (pre & post). I have two questions about how to modify this chart, and a third question about how to add a separate feature to a third chart.

1. How can I remove the tick marks from the x-axis? I assume I would specify something like 'XTicks = "None" or XTicks = [] in the XAxisFormat property, but I haven't been able to find anything in the documentation regarding how to do this.

2. The survey responses are always stored as integer values (0-5). However survey takers can also select 'N/A' instead of an integer value 0-5. In this case, N/A is stored as -1 in the database. The person that requested this app would like N/A values displayed as a 0, with a 'X' marker over it. The color of the 'X' should either be black, or the same color as the line. Right now, I am not assigning the line color. It is being done automatically. Does anyone have any insight as to how I might achieve this?

3. In a separate graph, I need to display summary data, which will be the average(mean) value of the all people's response the surveys. In addition, I would like to put standard deviation bars on the points. Does anyone know how to do that?

Below are a couple screenshots - One of my current graph, and one of the chart object. I have added X markers and standard deviation bars to show examples of what I want. Thanks for any help!

If anyone has any input, I'm still working on this. I've done a lot of charting in other languages, like Python, but haven't done much in OutSystems.

Thanks!

Hi Ryan,

OutsystemsCharts run on Highcharts Library in the background, which is highly customizable.

Please have a look at Highcharts API documentation here https://api.highcharts.com/highcharts/

Please find the relevant config and place it in the HighchartsJSON property as shown below:

Note: You can write Javasript syntax also in HighchartsJSON property mixed with JSON.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Karthik