Validate TimeStamp 2014-12-31T23:59:59.938Z

Hi Friends

I need to validate a field named as StartDate whose value is '2014-12-31T23:59:59.938Z' inside if condition. As I am new in outsytems, please suggest me solution for this.

Thanks

Hello Vivek,

What's de StartDate's data type? Is it Date or Date Time?

Please refer to the available data types:
https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Reference/OutSystems_Language/Data/Data_Types/Available_Data_Types



Miguel Rocha wrote:

Hello Vivek,

What's de StartDate's data type? Is it Date or Date Time?

Please refer to the available data types:
https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Reference/OutSystems_Language/Data/Data_Types/Available_Data_Types



 

 Hi Miguel

Thanks for your reply....

I have created a REST service in which StartDate is input variable with datatype as datetime. I am receiving its value as 2014-12-31T23:59:59.938Z. I need to validate this received value inside if condition. Please let me how to proceed for this situation. Also let me know if any other details required.

What kind of validation do you need to do?

If you are looking at validating if the StartDate is older than today's date:

Miguel Rocha wrote:

What kind of validation do you need to do?

If you are looking at validating if the StartDate is older than today's date:

 Hi Miguel 

I need to validate that StartDate format should be yyyy:mm:dd hh:mm:ss.sss

Thanks 

Vivek,

I found a built-in function that might be useful:

TextToDateTimeValidate()


If your StartDate's data type is changed to Text, you could validate if that text is convertable to DateTime.

I hope this helps.

Miguel Rocha wrote:

Vivek,

I found a built-in function that might be useful:

TextToDateTimeValidate()


If your StartDate's data type is changed to Text, you could validate if that text is convertable to DateTime.

I hope this helps.

 Hi Miguel

Thanks for your reply.

I have changed the data type of StartDate to Text and passed the value of Startdate='2014-12-31T23:59:59.938Z'. The function TextToDateTimeValidate(StartDate) returning false. I need to get it as True. Please suggest what to do next.