I am struggling to load a list of countries from an API to a dropdown.

I am successful in consuming a REST API. I can even see the response in structures under data tab.

Someone help please.

Thanks

Billy.

Billy Mganda wrote:

I am struggling to load a list of countries from an API to a dropdown.

I am successful in consuming a REST API. I can even see the response in structures under data tab.

Someone help please.

Thanks

Billy.

Hi Billy,

Could you please provide more information regarding the challenge you are facing in implementation 

Information like... Application type, screen clips and also share the API information if its public to use

Regards,

Benjith Sam

Solution

Hi Billy,

Can you successful call the REST method that you need?

If so, it's a simple matter of using the list of countries that the REST method returns as the Source Record List of a Dropdown (check the links for more details on how to configure a Combobox in Traditional Web or Mobile/Reactive Web).

If you are in Traditional Web, you'd call the REST method from the Preparation of the Web Screen where you want the Country dropdown to show up, if it's Reactive Web/Mobile you'd place that call in a Data Action of your Screen (check here on how to Fetch Data from Other Sources).

Hope this helps!

Solution

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Billy,

Can you successful call the REST method that you need?

If so, it's a simple matter of using the list of countries that the REST method returns as the Source Record List of a Dropdown (check the links for more details on how to configure a Combobox in Traditional Web or Mobile/Reactive Web).

If you are in Traditional Web, you'd call the REST method from the Preparation of the Web Screen where you want the Country dropdown to show up, if it's Reactive Web/Mobile you'd place that call in a Data Action of your Screen (check here on how to Fetch Data from Other Sources).

Hope this helps!

Thank you, problem solved.