Hello I am new to OutSystems and working on my first application. The core of the App is a data table that has 12 columns. A few issues I am running into during the development is the front end data table functionality and appearance.

Currently I am build a Reactive Web app for mobile and website. I am not opposed to shifting to just Web Development if there are less restrictions. Not sure how to do that though. 

Here are the things I need the table to do, which I have not found an answer to:

  • Table width needs to match the window and all columns need to be displayed
    • I don't mind if contents (basic text) is either cut off, or the font becomes smaller when doing this
    • List needs to keep the same look, this app is replacing an EXCEL sheet
  • Integrated buttons in a column that tie to editing the entry (by new form)
    • Buttons need to mask the entry ID, only text that should be showing is "Edit", not "Edit ID"
  • Hide-able Columns (have not gotten this far to try this out)
  • Rearrange Columns (have not gotten this far to try this out)
  • Resize Columns (not necessity) 

Bill Nelson wrote:

Hello I am new to OutSystems and working on my first application. The core of the App is a data table that has 12 columns. A few issues I am running into during the development is the front end data table functionality and appearance.

Currently I am build a Reactive Web app for mobile and website. I am not opposed to shifting to just Web Development if there are less restrictions. Not sure how to do that though. 

Here are the things I need the table to do, which I have not found an answer to:

  • Table width needs to match the window and all columns need to be displayed
    • I don't mind if contents (basic text) is either cut off, or the font becomes smaller when doing this
    • List needs to keep the same look, this app is replacing an EXCEL sheet
  • Integrated buttons in a column that tie to editing the entry (by new form)
    • Buttons need to mask the entry ID, only text that should be showing is "Edit", not "Edit ID"
  • Hide-able Columns (have not gotten this far to try this out)
  • Rearrange Columns (have not gotten this far to try this out)
  • Resize Columns (not necessity) 

 Hi Bill,

You can use OutSystem Datagrid forge component this have same table behaviour which you are looking please look the below link for the component.

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/5554/data-grid

Hope this helps 

Thanks 

AD

 

Hi Bill

Totally agree with AD, Consider using DataGrid instead of TableRecords. Because some function you required is very hard to implement when using TableRecords.

Kindly Regards

That it Bill, Try DataGrid. DataGrid have must more flexibility.


Regards

AD wrote:

You can use OutSystem Datagrid forge component this have same table behaviour which you are looking please look the below link for the component.

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/5554/data-grid

Hope this helps 

Thanks 

AD

 

 AD thank you. I got it up and running with my data. It seems to give me more functionality. Currently working with it and may have some more questions on this in the future. Thanks again!

AD wrote:

Bill Nelson wrote:

 Hi Bill,

You can use OutSystem Datagrid forge component this have same table behaviour which you are looking please look the below link for the component.

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/5554/data-grid

Hope this helps 

Thanks 

AD

 

 Ok so i was able to play around with the Data Grid. My thoughts and additional issues:

  • It seems I can only use it in a traditional web application, does Data Grid work with a Reactive Web?
  • I am trying to implement a method to edit a listing by adding a button to each row that is tied to the UniqueID of the row
    • The button should have an onclick event that passes along a value into a Popup-Modal to edit a job
    • What is the process to trigger this action?