Run_Javascript in version 5.1

Run_Javascript in version 5.1

This might seem like an odd question, but I'm trying to upgrade a system that I built in to 5.1 and it keeps having problems with the Run_Javascript action that is part of the RichWidgets_Extension that I was using in  I added the reference to it like I normally do, but I keep getting this error:

'RunJavascript' Action is incompatible with the 'RichWidgetsExtension' extension definition. Please update it.

Is this action no longer supported in 5.1?  If not, is there another extension or action I can use to take it's place?

Thanks for the advice.

Hi Joshua,

That action has now changed to the HTTPRequestHandler extension.

Tiago Simões
Thanks Tiago!

Okay, now it appears that the Feedback_Message that is included in RichWidgets is what is actually causing the error message from before.  Is this an action that was moved to a different extension as well, or do I just need an updated version of RichWidgets.

While is true that the RichWidgetsExtension is not included any more in the Enterprise Manager package, and that the RichWidgets that comes in there uses the RunJavaScript from HttpRequestHandler instead, when you upgrade the RichWidgetsExtension remains in your server, so you're not required to change anything in order for everything to keep working.

What happens is that when upgrading a major version, you have to republish all your extensions and eSpaces.
Do the following: create a solution with all the eSpaces and extensions on your server, and then publish the running version. This will invoke Service Studio and Integration Studio to upgrade everything to 5.1. After that, publish again the running version. This will do a reference refresh in all eSpaces. The refresh of references is required because from 4.2 to 5.0 and from 5.0 to 5.1 the way references are represented internally have changed, and the first solution publish can't refresh the referenences because some of the producers are still not upgraded to 5.1.

Also note that when there's any incompatible element in a reference, at runtime all of the elements will say they are incompatible, even if they're not the ones that are different. In your case, you're probably getting the error about the Feedback_Message because it's the first incompatible element that appears on your page.

Hope this helps,
Gustavo Guerra
I also recomend that you publish Enterprise Manager 5.1.2 before doing this, as the new IntelliWarp technology requires it to work properly. If you've used the community edition to install, that has already been done for you, but if you've used the standalone installers, you'll need to get the solution from the Components area of the Network.

Best Regards,
Gustavo Guerra

That seems to have gotten it working again.  Thanks for all the help.