Filter issue

Hi All,

I am binding my all records to Table Widget. But when I select some value from DropDownList how do I pass this value to that aggregate? I am trying to us "filter" but filter is not mandatory at first load. 

Below table has many records but when I select Leave Type from DropDown I need to Filter it. How do I pass this value to that aggregate?

Solution

Hi SP_india,

First save the selected value of the dropdown in one variable:

Then use this variable to filter the agregate of the table:

This filter means that if none option of the dropdown is selected then show all results ( LeaveTypeIdentifier = NullIdentifier() ) if one option is selected then it filters by that option ( Reason.LeaveTypeId = LeaveTypeIdentifier )

To finish you just need to refresh the data used in the table. You can use one action in the onChange event of the dropdown.

I attached an example.

Hope it helps

Regards,

Miguel Chaparra

Solution

Miguel Chaparra wrote:

Hi SP_india,

First save the selected value of the dropdown in one variable:

Then use this variable to filter the agregate of the table:

This filter means that if none option of the dropdown is selected then show all results ( LeaveTypeIdentifier = NullIdentifier() ) if one option is selected then it filters by that option ( Reason.LeaveTypeId = LeaveTypeIdentifier )

To finish you just need to refresh the data used in the table. You can use one action in the onChange event of the dropdown.

I attached an example.

Hope it helps

Regards,

Miguel Chaparra

Hi Miguel,

After filtering I got no records which I expect both records to be displayed

But when I select the leave type then it filtered the correct records

Hi,

Supposing that your dropdown variable is "LeaveType" the filter should look like this:

LeaveType = NullIdentifier() or Leaves.LeaveTypeId = LeaveType 

Tell me if it works

Miguel Chaparra wrote:

Hi,

Supposing that your dropdown variable is "LeaveType" the filter should look like this:

Tell me if it works

Yes , thanks it is working fine now

SP_India wrote:

Miguel Chaparra wrote:

Hi,

Tell me if it works

Yes , thanks it is working fine now

You are welcome :)

Happy that you got it solved!

Regards,

Miguel Chaparra