Views
Comments
Solved
Unable to debug program
Question

Hi All,

I have encountered a problem in the development process, . There are three Espaces, the first Espace refers to the method of the second Espace, and the method in the second Espace refers to the method of the third Espace. The method in the third Espace produced an error, but when the request was sent through the first Espace, the third Espace could not be entered through Debug, that is, the code could not be debugged. I chose the second Espace as the port in the third Espace, and the first Espace as the entrance in the second espace, and started the debugging windows of the third, second, and first espace in turn, but failed Debug the program.Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thanks 

YunShi

Solution

Hi YunShi,

I had a quick try, and i agree, this doesn't seem to work out of the box.

I did find a workaround, but it is a bit dirty, so I don't know if you want to go that route.

What works, is to add a dependency in the first Espace of something in the third Espace, and use it (just adding it but not referencing it won't work).

Then you will be able to choose the first one as entry point for the third one.

See attached oml for example, I added a dummy structure to Espace 3, added it as dependency to Espace 1, made a variable of this structure in a dummy server action in Espace 1.  That's it.

Happy coding and debugging,

Dorine

DebugProducer.oap

Hai 

Yun Shi Xie  

This Link Will Help You How To debug In You Logic Flow 

https://www.outsystems.com/learn/courses/141/reactive-web-debugging/?IsFromFeedbackEmail=False

Regards 

Selva

Solution

Hi YunShi,

I had a quick try, and i agree, this doesn't seem to work out of the box.

I did find a workaround, but it is a bit dirty, so I don't know if you want to go that route.

What works, is to add a dependency in the first Espace of something in the third Espace, and use it (just adding it but not referencing it won't work).

Then you will be able to choose the first one as entry point for the third one.

See attached oml for example, I added a dummy structure to Espace 3, added it as dependency to Espace 1, made a variable of this structure in a dummy server action in Espace 1.  That's it.

Happy coding and debugging,

Dorine

DebugProducer.oap