How to transfer data of the entities while moving a reactive application

How can we transfer the data of entities of a reactive app after transferring the app from one environment to another environment.

In Entity Property Set As Public Yes or your Core Module set As public 

And Call This Modules Via Module Dependency 

Regards 

selva

Hi,

please check this OutSystems document: Introduction to Data Migration

Cheers

Hi Davinder,

Hope you're doing well.

If you want to transfer data of your entities between environments, you have several options. For instance, you can:

1) Connect to your Database Server (for example using SQL Server Management Studio) and you can generate some SQL scripts that you should execute in your target environment. This will populate your tables with the data that you have in your scripts;

2) Create some Excel files with the data that you pretend and create Bootstrap actions. Please check this documentation that will help you to Bootstrap an entity using an Excel file.

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Hi Davinder,

To complement both Rui and Miguel's answers, there are at least two commercial products on the Forge that focus exactly on Data Migration and also a component that you can use to help extract data so you can bootstrap it later. Please check this post for more details.

Hope this helps!

Hi All,

Thank you all for your responses.

For the time being I don't want to use any paid tool so I want to go with creating scripts etc.

However, my question is how can I connect to database using SQL Server in case the database is the OutSystems default database ? I mean what would be the server name, username and Password?

Regards,

Davinder Kaur

Davinder,

The post I linked to discusses three different approaches, only one of them is using paid products built for that specific purpose.

Regarding your database details question:

• If you are using a Personal Environment, you're out of luck, you won't be able to access the Database Server directly.
  • If you are using an Enterprise Environment on the cloud, I believe you can request access to OutSystems, via Support ticket, but I have no idea under what circumstances they will grant you that direct access.
  • If you are using an on-premises Environment (managed by your organization) you can ask for access from your DBA os SysAdmin.

Be aware that even table/column names may change from one environment to the other, so some attention needs to be paid when creating the SQL scripts and importing them in the other environment, if you decide to follow that approach.

Which approach to take also depends on how much data you want to migrate and how complex (in terms of relationships) its data-model is.

Hope this helps!

Selva bharath wrote:

In Entity Property Set As Public Yes or your Core Module set As public 

And Call This Modules Via Module Dependency 

Regards 

selva

Hi Selva,

This answer makes no sense at all, please read the original post good and try to understand what is asked.

Regards,

Daniel