Dropdown select option
Question

Hi all,

This is my dropdown 

I want to implement the traditional no select element to be selected by default, like in the following screenshot. I'm retrieving data from static entity in dropdown.

How can I do it?

Regards

Sahil

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Sahil,

See this example, it may help you, if you are using combo box:

If you are using another component, please upload an image.


Regards.

Drop down widget is what I am using

i want to show only 5 item and user can use sroll to choose another items. How can I do that?

I think it's is default by Outsystems. it's right??

Hi Sahil,


I'm supposing you are using the dropdown widget in a reactive web app, if so just set the Empty Text property to your default value, like this for example:


Hope it helps!


Regards,

Miguel Chaparra

Miguel Chaparra wrote:

Hi Sahil,


I'm supposing you are using the dropdown widget in a reactive web app, if so just set the Empty Text property to your default value, like this for example:


Hope it helps!


Regards,

Miguel Chaparra

 

 If I'll use empty text, still I'll not be able to select this as default value in dropdown widget. It will just give label to that dropdown list which will appear at top like this


sahil saxena wrote:

Miguel Chaparra wrote:

Hi Sahil,


I'm supposing you are using the dropdown widget in a reactive web app, if so just set the Empty Text property to your default value, like this for example:


Hope it helps!


Regards,

Miguel Chaparra

 

 If I'll use empty text, still I'll not be able to select this as default value in dropdown widget. It will just give label to that dropdown list which will appear at top like this


 

Hi Sahil,


The "No selection" will be the value selected if the user dont select any other. Anyways if the user select for example "Goa", then he can select back to the option "No selection". When the user selects "No selection", your dropdown variable will hold a default value. 

Knowing that, you can check if the dropdown variable is null (means the user selected "No selection") or if it have any other value.


Regards,

Miguel Chaparra


 

Hi Sahil,

You can use the special value, like this:


sahil saxena wrote:

Hi all,

This is my dropdown 

I want to implement the traditional no select element to be selected by default, like in the following screenshot. I'm retrieving data from static entity in dropdown.

How can I do it?

Regards

Sahil

 

Hi,

If you want only to add the empty value there is a property for that on dropdown. If you want to add more elements you need to use a action to fetch data with an aggregate and add elements to the list with listinsert or listappend.

You can add in variable property option -Select-  and value as 0. when you want deselect at run time chose this option and apply logic accordingly.

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Reference/OutSystems_Language/Mobile_Interfaces/Designing_Screens/Dropdown

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.