Hi,

I have DropDown widget (Traditional Web app) that reads data dynamically from database. Now what i want is, based on the value user will select, some screen data will be re-queried using that value.

How can i achieve this ? 

Hello Maitha,

So what you want to do is filter your screen data using your dropdown value, right?

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Hello Rui,

Yes exactly, but without using a button. i.e once a drop down list value is selected, some screen data should be re-queried using the selected value. (which is the variable i am using in the filter of the aggregate)

Kind regards, 

Hello Maitha,

So, your dropdown is associated to a defined variable (which you should include in the filter of the aggregate).

Then you should use the OnChange event of your dropdown:

Binded to data OnChange event, you should have a screen action where you do something like this:

Basically, RefreshData widget will refresh your data for the new values and Ajax Refresh element will allow you to refresh the part of the screen where you have the data displayed.

Let me know if it worked for you.

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Hi Maitha,

If you are using the ComboBox widget, then it has an OnChange event that will be triggered every time you choose an option.

If you are talking about the DropDown pattern, it will have to add links to your dropdown options that can execute screen actions where you could perform your business logic.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Rui for your response. 

But the DropDown widget in Traditional Web does not have the "OnChange" event property. It is available in ListBox widget but I need the DropDown.

Regards, 

Hello Maitha,

Both List Box and Combo Box widgets have the On Change event.

Those are both for Traditional Web Applications.

I'm assuming you're using Combo Box widget for the dropdown.

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Thanks all for your answers!  The link is working for DropDown, but after I click the dropdown does not minimize. how to make it minimize after item is clicked?

thanks and regards, 

Rui Barradas wrote:

Hello Maitha,

Both List Box and Combo Box widgets have the On Change event.

Those are both for Traditional Web Applications.

I'm assuming you're using Combo Box widget for the dropdown.

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Thanks Rui for your answer. Actually i am using DropDown because i want Expression, because I am using Substring of the Entity Attribute. In the Combo Box i can choose Attribute only without manipulating its value . 

Solution

Hi Maitha,

If the only thing you need is custom options displayed on the drop down list, I’d say use the ComboBox widget, and pass it an Aggregate as Source Record List:

• Use a Calculated attribute to obtain the substring you want to display;
  • Set that calculated attribute as the Source Attribute of the ComboBox
  • Set the Source Identifier Attribute of the ComboBox to the entity’s Id attribute.

Hope this helps!

Solution

Thank you Rui Barradas  and Jorge Martins for your answers. Much appreciated!