How do you enable read only functionality

Hi, i am using outsystems v10, i have 2 roles, a Broker and a Broker consultant. 

A broker can create and edit quotes whilst a Broker consultant can only view and navigate the quotes created by brokers assigned to them.

How do i implement the functionality that when a quote is clicked if the role is Broker consultant it is a read only and you cannot edit.

The read-only part. 

The whole quote  process has 5 screens from start to finish, each screen having a number of webblocks in it.

Hi,

When the Page renders you can check the logged-in User has a role or not using OutSystems inbuild function with a role like CheckRegisteredRole action for Registered role which will return user has a role or not

Krushana Mantri wrote:

Hi,

When the Page renders you can check the logged-in User has a role or not using OutSystems inbuild function with a role like CheckRegisteredRole action for Registered role which will return user has a role or not

Thank you. This part of checking a role i understand. I am mainly interested on how i can set a role to be a read only role, so that this role cannot edit anything on screens

Solution

Hi Rudo,

In context to Traditional Web Application, you can set the Form Enable Property as shown below

Hope this helps you!

Regards,

Benjith Sam

Solution

Benjith Sam wrote:

Hi Rudo,

In context to Traditional Web Application, you can set the Form Enable Property as shown below

Hope this helps you!

Regards,

Benjith Sam

Thank you

RUDO MURIEL MUNYAVI wrote:

Thank you

You're welcome, Rudo :)

I'm glad that it helped you :)

Regards,

Benjith Sam