Change the default page template

Change the default page template

I'm testing an upgrade to 5.1 from 4.2.4.49 and I'm running into the annoyance that when I create a new page in 5.1, it is adding a default template to the page.  Normally this wouldn't be an annoyance (because I wouldn't have to match old pages to new pages in a new system), but since I'm trying to match the new pages to the style of the pages that the users are used to seeing, I'm forced to remove the template on each new page to put the old template in place.  Is there a place that I can go in the new system to define what I want the page template to be so that I don't have to keep removing the current one on each new page?

Thanks.

Josh

Hi Josh,

You are right, that can be an annoyance. In the future it might be possible to change the template, but in the meantime you can do one of the following:
- Start your eSpaces by doing Menu File->New->Blank
- Create your very own Menu and Footer - just remember to give them those names and they will be used in new pages.
- Create a blank template page and copy/paste it whenever you need a new page.

Hope these help a bit.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões

Thanks for the advice Tiago!  I'll give that a shot from now on.  Maybe we'll see an updatable template in the future.

Thanks

Josh