Publish extension in integration studio

Hi,

I'm trying to publish an extension (action) of a web application in integration studio however I've got the below error:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\MarkdownToHTML\Templates\NET\Bin\OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.dll' is denied.'

PFA the screenshots of the action defined and the Microsoft Visual Studio configuration in Integration Studio, and the exercise guide that I'm following.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi, 

Could you please help me on this issue? I don't know how to proceed.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi,

Do you already look at this documents about integration Studio errors?

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Reference/Errors_and_Warnings/Integration_Studio_Errors 

Maybe there is something that can help you.

Just one question: 

This is just in that particular extension or in other extensions too?

Best regards,

Ricardo M Pereira

Solution

Hi Monica,

It looks like the extension has been saved under C:\Program Files (x86):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\MarkdownToHTML\..." 

I imagine that Windows is preventing Integration Studio from accessing files in that folder.  The Program Files folders are restricted in Windows.

Try saving the extension in a different folder such as C:\dev\MarkdownToHTML.

If that does not work it might help to post the full error message.  It looks like the message you posted is only the end of the error message.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Stuart

Solution

Stuart Harris wrote:

Try saving the extension in a different folder such as C:\dev\MarkdownToHTML.

Is that even possible? I thought you couldn't change the location where Integration Studios unpacks the extension?

Greetings,

Vincent

Hi Vincent,

Thanks for asking.  Yes absolutely, you can change the folder.  I do it regularly to keep different subscriptions extensions together.

Normally it prompts you for a location when you open an extension, but if it does not, you can also select File > Save As and choose a location.

Hi Stuart,

I changed the location to save the extension and it worked. 

Thanks & Regards,

Hi Monica, that is great to hear.  I hope you enjoy making your extension!

Kind regards,

Stuart