Convert list with 500 records to smaller lists

Hi team,

I have a list variable which can contain maximum 500 records. I need to process that list inside an automatic activity(BPT). But Process can't have i/p parameter of any type other than simple data types or identifiers. So I am deserializing the list and sending that as text to Launch process. But it throws an error

ORA-22835: Buffer too small for CLOB to CHAR or BLOB to RAW conversion (actual: 195958, maximum: 4000)

To overcome this I thought of deserializing that list in smaller chunks. Is there any other way to implement this. If not, how can I convert my list to smaller sub lists.

Thanks 

Hi Angel,

What about storing that data in a database entity with an identifier that you can then send as an input to your BPT process? Then, in the automatic activity, you use that identifier to fetch the data and process it.

Aurelio Junior wrote:

Hi Angel,

What about storing that data in a database entity with an identifier that you can then send as an input to your BPT process? Then, in the automatic activity, you use that identifier to fetch the data and process it.

Hi Aurelio,

Thanks for the suggestion. But I can't perform any DB operation as the action which Launches the process is directly bound to screen action. And writing 500 records will consume considerable time.

Thanks

What about storing the serialized data in the database, and then fetching it in the automatic activity? With that much data, I think using the database is your best bet.