Feedback message problem 

Feedback message problem 

Somehow the ajax popup message propegated by the Richwidget\Feedback_message widget is not properly rendered:

Red frame marks where the error feedback message should have been.

The eSpace version              4.1. 1.
Enterprise eSpace version    4.1.7
RichWidgets eSpace ver
Service studio              

Here is the code from the stylesheet related to the Feedback message:

/*------- Feedback Pattern Web Block Start ----*/

div.Feedback_Wrapper {
    margin-top: 5px;
    margin-bottom: 10px;

div.Feedback_Text {
    margin-top: 5px;
    margin-bottom: 5px;
    margin-left: 26px;

div.Feedback_Image {
    float: left;

div.Feedback_Error {
    background-color: #ffe5e5;
    border: 2px solid #ffcece;
    color: #c7331f;

div.Feedback_Warning {
    background-color: #fbf3e0;
    border: 2px solid #f8e6c2;
    color: #bd830b;

div.Feedback_Success {
    background-color: #eeffd7;
    border: 2px solid #d8ffaa;
    color: green;

div.Feedback_Info {
    background-color: #e4edf2;
    border: 2px solid #a5c9df;
    color: #166ca5;

/*------- Feedback Pattern Web Block End ------*/

What am i missing here?

Hi Dror,

I believe the styles you are mentioning are from the previous feedback message in WidgetLibrary.
For the richwidgets' Feedback Message styles you can get them from /Richwidgets/web.css (you can do a search for Feedback_Message) 

Tiago Simões

PS: In 5.1 web blocks can also have their own styles defined, preventing issues like this one.
couple of suggestion, since I cannot tell if things are ok or not on the CSS only:

- Is the "source" correct?
- perhaps some javascript error prevent the erro being shown.
- always when debugging, use "extreme" colouring.
- try to position the frame absolute, and see what happens then.

Hi all,

I'm new with Agile platform and my doing some samples and small app.

I got a similar feedback message style (below) when I was expecting a balloon as showed in Rich Widgets 101 video.

Is my style version? How can I update it?

Thank you in advance

Filipe Feijão
Hi Filipe, and welcome to the OutSystems community forums.

Indeed, we would also hope that a balloon like the Rich Widgets 101 would show up - just like the one you get here when you make a forum post.

The main reason for that to happen is that you are working with a different - or outdated - RichWidgets version.

What to do:

- Check if the references for the RichWidgets extension are up to date. This can be done by clicking the Add/Remove References button in Service Studio. However, you should get a warning for it during the publishing process.
- Since you seem to be working in a customer project, it could be the case that they have customized their feedback messages or StyleSheets. Ask around to a colleague of yours if they have the Feedback Message working in a different application in that server. If they do, start by making sure that it is indeed working in runtime. If it is, copy it to your screen, and see if it works.
- If it still doesn't, it could be missing its StyleSheet or styles. Install Firefox, then the Firebug extension, and inspect the widget when it pops up. Try to understand what styles is it using - both in the application that is working, as well as in yours - and see where do the styles come from. Hopefully that way you can see if you're forgetting to import some custom StyleSheets, or if there's something worse going on.

If, on the other hand, the Feedback Message is not working at all in your Agile Platform, do let us know. If it is a possibility, I would recommend re-installing the latest Enterprise Manager, but that's only a last resort, since depending on the other applications in your server, you could already have a custom Enterprise Manager in your server, and installing the latest "official" version would break those changes.

I hope this helps. Let us know how it goes - and what was the problem :)

Regards, and have a great weekend.

Paulo Tavares
Hi Paulo,
I’m not working for a customer, I’m working in IT area but this is just for fun… I think this platform is very interesting, and I’m exploring (who know if it will be useful in the future).
I’m using the 5.0.11 Richwidgets version (the reference is update) and Agile
Using the firebug I got the class: Feedback_Message_Error dropShadow and Feedback_Message_Wrapper_Close, but I can find them.
Can these classes be missing? It should be generated automatically when I import feedback_message to my project, am I right?
Thank you again and have a nice weekend.
Filipe Feijão
Hi Filipe,

Well, I just assumed you were working for a customer project because of the screenshot with "Cartão Solidário" :)

Well, the issue might lie with the fact that you have the 5.0.11 Richwidgets version and the Agile Platform version What's this Platform version - Service Studio? Platform Server as well? If it's Service Studio and Platform Server, and you're hosting them in your computer, I'd suggest uprgading Enterprise Manager if you're sure you don't have any strong dependencies there.

Still, to try and troubleshoot the current situation, in Firebug, under the CSS panel, click the CSS filename that's shown there, and a list of all the CSS files in use will display.

Look for a Feedback_Message.css file, or something similar to that, and open it. Check if the required styles are there.

It doesn't make much sense to me, but it could be that the style names have changed between 5.0 and 5.1, and your eSpace is looking for the wrong styles. Did you start that eSpace from scratch? What happens if you create a new eSpace in Service Studio, and publish it? Does the Feedback Message work there?

Let us hear how it goes.

Paulo Tavares
Hi again,

I’m using Service Studio and Platform Server The upgrade is an option but, I would like to understand what is wrong…
In firebug the css panel doesn’t mention Feedback_Message style.
I think I have the same problem with the loading balloon (image below). There is no style associated.

Do you have any idea?
Thank you again and have a nice weekend.
Filipe Feijão
Hi Filipe,

As I suggested, it is probable that the eSpace is assuming that the widget has its Stylesheets in a place where they indeed are not.

In Firebug check all the CSSs that are being referenced. If you find some with RichWidgets in the name, try to access them directly, pasiting the link in your browser. See if it works.

Do post here the CSSs that are being referenced.

Paulo Tavares
Hi Paulo,

There is no Richwidget CSS reference in the code, as you can see in the image below:

However there two img referring Richwidget:
- /RichWidgets/img/Feedback_Error.gif?90
- /RichWidgets/img/Feedback_Close.png?90

Thank you again for you support.

Filipe Feijão
Hi Filipe,

Actually, there seem to be two references to RichWidgets, but they appear to be under the \Reporting folder.

Do those files actually exist?

Also, could you send us your eSpace, so we can take a look into it?

Paulo Tavares
Hi Paulo,

Reporting folder exists and inside are some *.js files (Feedback_Message.js, Feedback_Message.ascx, …).
Find attached the eSpace.

Thank you
Filipe Feijão
Hi Filipe,

Well, I'm sorry to say, but here I managed to get it to work.

What I did:

1 - Opened the eSpace;
2 - There were two errors regarding missing images. I clicked the Add/Remove References button;
3 - I refreshed the RichWidgets reference, and manually checked the two missing images (icon_check_green and infoballoon_info) from RichWidgets;
4 - I published the eSpace;

Somehow, I don't really know why, I didn't face the problems you had. Maybe it's my RichWidgets version, or something else. My reasoning would be that ServiceStudio 5.1.0 is really expecting RichWidgets 5.1.0 as well to work properly.

Try doing these steps on your own, and check if it works.

If not, I've attached my eSpace. Do check if it works for you, but probably you'll be asked to refresh your references as well, since you have a different version of RichWidgets.

Finally, if these don't work, I recommend you upgrade Enterprise Manager - and Richwidgets, which comes bundled - to the current version.

I hope this helps.

Let us know how it goes!

Paulo Tavares
Hi Paulo,

I've upgraded the Enterprise Manager and it is working as expected.

(Before the upgrade, those images were not in RichWidget components...)

I would like to thank you again for your help.

Best regards,

Filipe Feijão
Hi Filipe,

Thanks for letting us know how it went. I'm happy to hear that all is working as expected now.

Do let us know if something else comes up, and good luck with your project, sounds cool ;)

A few suggestions, as some extra challenge, if you'd like:

-- Add a confirmation message and a feedback message to the "Delete members" screen;
-- Turn it into a screen with a list, a filter (maybe with autocomplete?) by name or member number, and a "delete button" - or checkboxes and "delete all selected".
-- Make the "Add Donation" instructions more explicit, as well as the error message. If it's meant for one to upload an Excel file, allow one to download an Excel template file so that they know what's the format of the information to be uploaded ;)

Good luck, and regards,

Paulo Tavares
Hi Paulo,

Your suggestions are welcome, and I will implement them as soon as possible.

Thank you and best regards,
Filipe Feijão