Views
Comments
Separating Core and Front-end. Issue with web-screen roles.
Question

Dear All,

I was trying to refactor my application to separate core and frontend to separate modules. I followed below steps:

After executing these steps, Now entities and roles are available in the module "Application_Core" and Front-end part as a new module.

I had assigned roles for accessing each web screen. 

I need to use the roles from  "Application_Core" so that I removed roles from Frontend and added dependency from the Core module. But I lost connection with web screens and roles. 

Now I need to set roles for each screen manually - Is there any method to handle this issue?

Regards,

Muhammed Riyas

Muhammed Riyas wrote:

Dear All,

I was trying to refactor my application to separate core and frontend to separate modules. I followed below steps:

After executing these steps, Now entities and roles are available in the module "Application_Core" and Front-end part as a new module.

I had assigned roles for accessing each web screen. 

I need to use the roles from  "Application_Core" so that I removed roles from Frontend and added dependency from the Core module. But I lost connection with web screens and roles. 

Now I need to set roles for each screen manually - Is there any method to handle this issue?

Regards,

Muhammed Riyas

Hello Muhammed,

If I understand your problem right, you want to migrate the roles that you had in the screens to new roles that you created right?

To assign the new roles to Users, you can create some logic between some OutSystems tables, like User_Role and assign the new roles to the Users.

To assign the new roles to Screens, you can select more than one screen at one time, and select the roles you want to add to that screen, is easier than go throw all screens one for one. You can do like this:

Hope it helps,

Best Regards,

Guilherme Oliveira