Views
Comments
Solved
Issue with Architecture Dashboard, Avoid Anonymous and/or Registered access Screens
Question

Hi,

I am looking into the architecture dashboard reports of my mobile application, there I found this issue "Avoid Anonymous and/or Registered access Screens " this issue is reporting on the login screen,splash screen and on boarding screens. Its showing the suggestion to disable the registered role. But if we make the pages anonymous then automatically the registered role is get selected. Can anyone having the idea how to resolve this issue,that will help me a lot.

Regards,

Koushik

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Koushik,

If you check Anonymous, then all anybody can access the page, which implies registered users too. That is why when you select Anonymous, Registered is automatically selected too. 

As for the reported findings "Avoid Anonymous and/or Registered access Screens ", Architectural Dashboard has know application knowledge. And don't know the porpose of the Login, Splash and Boarding screens. You might as well have named them totally different in a totally different language. So no way Architectural Dashboard understands why you want the Anonymous roles on these screens.

Therefor it will report it. And it up to you to decide this is valid or not. If you are sure a screen needs to have the anonymous role then mark the finding as Resolve as won't fix.

If you don't fix the finding but the finding isn't a false positive, set the state to Resolve as won't fix and detail the reason for not fixing it. After the next synchronization the finding stops counting towards the total technical debt score.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the suggestion, I will mark them as Resolve as won't fix.

Regards,

Koushik