Views
Comments
Consume SOAP Web Service Error
Question

Hello,

I am attempting to Consume a Web Service and keep getting the following error.   I am at a loss as what to look at.....Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  This works just fine running it through SoapUI 5.6.0.

Thank you,

FrankCLT

Hi Frank,

Where are your OutSystems environment cloud or on-prem? It seems, your OutSystems app is on cloud and you are trying to access the webservice (WSDL) which is hosted on the internal network. IP Address starts with 10.x.x.x

Since on SoapUI you have the access to the internal network, it works there. While on OutSystems, it is not able to make connection to your internal network. That's why you get the "connection attempt failed" error message. 

Regards,

Swatantra

Swatantra,

You are absolutely correct.  An associate and I were discussing just that.  Is this possible?

Thank you,

FrankCLT 

I'm not quite sure on how to go about this.   Is there a document and\or tutorial?

You may follow the course Integrating with Web Services. Please be notified this explains how to expose and consume web services. However, in your case, first you have to make sure that the exposing end points are on the external network.

Hi FrankCLT, you will need to configure your network firewall to accept traffic on port 8181 and redirect that traffic to the internal computer on ip 10.1.10.130. Then in Outsystems you use the IP address of your external internet connection. Assuming you are on a business network this is something your IT department or whoever looks after your network will need to do.

Jeanene,

Yes, I will definitely try what you suggest.  Thank you for your insight...

Thank you, 

FrankCLT