Hi,

I'm sorry I don't know if this is the best place to post this. There are few quite annoying bugs in current version of Service Studio (11.8.6).

First: type assuming is not fully working any more. For years, we've been used to that if you typed "IsSomething" - you got boolean, if you typed UserId - you got "User identifier", SomeAmount - made it Currency. Now I'm all the time getting Integer, sometimes entity itself itself instead of identifier. (Date/DateTime appears to be working still). This has been like this for a while, so I'm learning to not expect any type any more. However it's sad to have such nice feature broken.

Second: In the assignment for static entity identifier variable/parameter, if you click "x.y" icon, which is expression editor - this brings up records selection screen. This has been in place for quite long time, but still I'm all the time automatically clicking this, and it's still very annoying that the dialog pops up instead of expression editor.


Can these bugs be fixed some time?

Hello Igor,

I use the same version and don't have those issues. It is all working OK. 

Can you try to re-install the Service Studio again?


BR,

Luis

Luís Cardoso wrote:

Hello Igor,

I use the same version and don't have those issues. It is all working OK. 

Can you try to re-install the Service Studio again?


BR,

Luis

 

Hi Luis. I have just uninstalled it and downloaded and installed latest version again. All the issues are still present. Do you have other ideas how to solve it?

Another annoying thing is how "View data" of the entity works with filters. After I add or change a filter - result does not update immediately, have to go somewhere else and then click "View data" again, and then a filter gets applied. I think this was in place ever since this feature (which is actually great) appeared, but I still can't get used to this behavior. Sometimes analyzing data, I forget that this result is not actually using the filter which I have just entered, and can't understand why is it wrong.

If it's difficult to make it applied immediately, how about adding a "refresh" button somewhere? This can be useful in general.

Hello Igor,

Yes. You can do it. You can do a right-click and select "Refresh preview data" or do Ctrl+L

Can you try it?


BR,

Luis


Luís Cardoso wrote:

Hello Igor,

Yes. You can do it. You can do a right-click and select "Refresh preview data" or do Ctrl+L

Can you try it?


BR,

Luis


 Thanks, this is good to know!

 

Igor K wrote:

Luís Cardoso wrote:

Hello Igor,

I use the same version and don't have those issues. It is all working OK. 

Can you try to re-install the Service Studio again?


BR,

Luis

 

Hi Luis. I have just uninstalled it and downloaded and installed latest version again. All the issues are still present. Do you have other ideas how to solve it?

 Did you still have this issues?

 

Yes, Luis, I still have all these issues.

Igor K wrote:

Yes, Luis, I still have all these issues.

Do you work in a team? And is it only you that have these problems? 

 

Luís Cardoso wrote:

Igor K wrote:

Yes, Luis, I still have all these issues.

Di you work in a team? And is it only you that have these problems? 

 

Few people I asked don't have 1st, I heard other people complaining earlier about 2nd, didn't hear about 3rd. Even if these issues appear only for me, what can I do, start using someone else's computer?

I just want to understand why you have that issues and others don't have

Igor,

Don't forget to also use the feedback option inside Service Studio to provide your feedback. This will make sure the correct people will see it. The forums are not actively watched by the OutSystems developers.

Greetings,

Vincent

Good idea Vicent :)

Hi,

I've noticed for the 1st issue that it still works, but only just after you create a new variable and the platform auto-focuses the name field for you to change it. Any further changes after that will not update the type further.

Peter L wrote:

Hi,

I've noticed for the 1st issue that it still works, but only just after you create a new variable and the platform auto-focuses the name field for you to change it. Any further changes after that will not update the type further.

 

First I didn't understand what you mean, but after playing a while, I got it!

So, when you change the name while focus is in the elements tree itself (green arrow) and press Enter - than type inference works! When you type in the properties (red arrow) - then it does not!

I am 100% sure it was working differently before, because I have never used the first way, and find it quite difficult to get used to. I also remember that sometimes it was even too much - e.g. you changed automatic type to something else, then change the name - and it went to automatically detected again. In the past, type was frozen only after the variable was used (which is understandable). When typing inside the elements tree - there is only one attempt, it's not available afterwards (unless there is some trick I didn't find yet).

Even with that, it's so great to see it working again!! There is still a bug because it doesn't work in properties, but at least there is a workaround!