Rich Widgets Feedback Message question

Rich Widgets Feedback Message question

This is probably a very simple answer that I'm just not seeing, but I just upgraded to version 5.1 of OutSystems and Rich Widgets.  Now when I throw an error Feedback Message on a page, I can't close it out.  I used to be able to click on the Big X in the upper left corner to close it, but now that doesn't appear to work.  The reason that this is important for me to clear out is that Some of the error messages can get pretty long and start covering the items on the page so they can't be easily fixed to prevent the errors.  Is there another part of the extension that I need to enable to allow for the message to be closed at will?

Thanks.

Josh

Hello Joshua

Even though the X isn't visible you can still close the feedback messages by clicking in the right upper corner of the ballon. If you hover the mouse in that place you will see the message "Hide Message"

I'm guessing it's some configuration on the default settings that needs to be changed, or a image to be set for instance, but I'm not sure, I'll let the experts answer you ;)

Best regards,
PC

Hey again Joshua.

Went to dig a bit in the RichWidgets and i found out that the image for closing is very small and not likely to be seen if you are not using dark colors in your web screen (u can see it in attach)

I'm not sure if there is a better way to change this image then to edit the OML and replace the image file for another one, easier to see.

Best regards,
PC
Pedro,

Thanks for the advice.  I can click on the upper right corner to close out the message.  For some reason though, I have to click just off the right side of the pop-up balloon for it to close out.  I'm not yet sure how to advise user's where to actually click for the balloon to clear, but I'll keep my ears open to see if there is an update for the widget.

Thanks again.

Josh

Hey again

As I mentioned in my last message the image file is there but it's not easily seen. I've attached a small screenshot where you can see the image in a blue background so you can see the location of the file relative to the feedback balloon

You can always ask in WoC for a widget that is configurable in the image that it shows as the close for the feedback message ;)

Best regards,
PC
Pedro,

I went into the RichWidgets eSpace and actually modified the Feedback_Close.png file so that it now uses a black x instead of a white one.  Now users will be able to see it.  I might change it further to create a more button-style look to it, but for now at least there is something there.

Thanks for all your help.

Josh
Hi,

We've fixed Feedback Message so that the X is inside the box as it was supposed to, and Enterprise Manager 5.1.7 that will be released shortly will include that fix.

Best Regards,
Gustavo Guerra
Gustavo,

Thank you for letting me know about the update to the Rich Widgets extension.  I will make sure that I download and implement it for use in our system.

Thanks

Josh