Views
Comments
visiting user
Question

Outsystems could allow the creation of a visiting user to present the applications in the personal development environment

Hi Marcio,

Did you mean user can only access read mode of application so you can create a role in application and role wise users provide functionality and and if you want make public application or like visiting application

so you can set screen as anonymous and any user can visit this screen without any login.

Regrads
Rahul

Rahul

I would like to be able to create a visiting user (read mode) to access my development environment and browse all the projects created. This to be able to show my portfolio of projects, what I am working on and developing.

Thanks

Marcio

Hello Márcio,

You can create a new Role in Lifetime with List Applications permission level only for the development environment and No Access permission level to the other environments.

Then you just need to create a user and assign that created role to him.

This way will allow you to have a user with access to the development environment, with permission to list the applications in that environment and their versioning information and with no access to the rest of the environments. That user will be able to see your several projects in the environment and what you're working on at that moment (because of the deployment information).

Hope that this helps you.

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Rui Barradas

Thank you for your assistance. I will follow your directions.

Thank you.

Hello again Márcio,

My bad, I didn't read properly in the thread that you were referring to your personal area / environment.

Unfortunately, you cannot manage users and roles in your personal environment, since it is a not licensed feature for these environments. As such, you won't be able to do it like I described before.

I'm sorry, I thought you were referring to a corporate license.

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

No problem!

It remains open for a possible solution to the issue.

Marcio