Create an clean aspx page

Create an clean aspx page

Hi,i have a swf that reads a clean aspx page (empty) that only contain a string.
how can i create the an empty page with only show that string in outsystems?

tried this in a expression but didn't work

"<% Response.Clear();%>
        <% Response.CacheControl = 'no-cache';%>
        <% Response.Write(" + s +");%>
        <% Response.End();%>"

Hi Luis,

The best way to do that is to create an Entry Point to a Web Page that returns a specifc text content. To do that, you simply have to end your preparation action with a Download widget instead the End widget - if you do that, the content returned to the client is the content that you specified in the Download and the OutSystems Web Screen itself is never executed.

To convert your String to a Binary content, you can use the TextToBinaryData action available in the BinaryData extension (that comes in the Enterprise Manager component).

See the screenshot below.

Kind Regards,

Daniel Lourenço
OutSystems

Thanks Daniel Lourenço, it works

Cheers,
Luis

Hello. I got stuck on a possible configuration problem on this approach. I made a preparation action to a screen just as this, but it truncates the answer (a json). The weirdest is that it happens only on a specific application, if I create a new one it works perfectly. That's why I think it is something about the configuration. Any Ideas?

Response of the existent application:

[
{
    'id' : '1',
    'title': 'Event test',
    'allDay': false,
    'editable': false,
    'start': 'Wed, 18 Aug 2016 13:00:00',
    'end': 'Wed, 19 Aug 2016 10:00:00'
},
{
    'id':'2',
    'title':'AllDay event Test',
    'allDay': true,
    'start': 'Wed, 15 Aug 2016',
    'color': '#aabb55

Response of a new application on the same environment:

[
{
    'id' : '1',
    'title': 'Event test',
    'allDay': false,
    'start': 'Wed, 18 Aug 2016 13:00:00',
    'end': 'Wed, 19 Aug 2016 10:00:00'
},
{
    'id':'2',
    'title':'AllDay event Test',
    'allDay': true,
    'start': 'Wed, 15 Aug 2016',
    'color': '#aabb55'
}
]

Hi Sérgio - can you psot the application that you are getting the problem on so that we take a look at it?

Kind Regards,

Daniel

Outsystems solved the issue. I was following a example from forge, and it added a meta-tag to the http response. That was the problem. Just removed the action that added the meta-tag and got the right response. Thanks.

Great to know, Sérgio!