Different Session for Multitenant application with same user provider

Hi,

I have one query regarding multi-tenant application. I have 2 multi-tenant application TenantOne & TenantTwo. Both TenantOne and TenantTwo are user provider also. In this case am able to get different session for both applications in different tab to same browser.

Now query is, if both application (TenantOne and TenantTwo) use same user provider lets say Users only. In that case how I can achieve different sessions for both applications while in same browser.

Please suggest.

Regards

Vikas

Solution

Hi Vikas, I do not believe it's possible. Outsystems controls the session based on asp net session ID, it's an identifier for each browser session. If you open another tab in the same browser, you are still sharing the same session id.
What's the context of your requirement? - If you are trying to have one tab working on tenant 1 and another working on tenant 2, it's definitely not possible.

Solution

Hi Paulo,

Thanks for clarification.

If you are trying to have one tab working on tenant 1 and another working on tenant 2, it's definitely not possible. : It working when user provider is different. But as you mentioned it will not work if use same user provider.

Use case is am developing 2 applications one for end user (frontend) and one for staff user (staff user). Although practically both will never login in same browser. But just wanted to check like if during testing if use both applications in same browser with same user provider then can have 2 login simultaneously or not.

I need to do this every day with testing etc. Simplest solution is to use 2 different browsers. I install Chrome and use one in chrome and one in edge. This also helps testing for browser incompatibilities and quirks at the same time as you get to use the app in multiple different browsers.