Views
Comments
Solved
Multiple authentication for Users
Question

Hi,

Working on traditional web application, there are 2 applications, one for backend staff user and one for customer. Now I want to implement AD SSO for staff user but at same time want to use OutSystems's default authentication for customer. 

So is it possible to have 2 authentication for same User application ? Please suggest.

Regards

Vikas

Solution

Hi Vikas,

Ah! Now i get it! And yes it is possible.

On the Backoffice application, you have AD SSO login and in the frontend application you have OutSystems internal authentication.

You will just have to guarantee that your OnException handlers of each application direct the user to the adequate login.

Cheers,

João 

Hi Vikas, it is possible.

You can't have two login screens or two links on the login screen, one does the SSO, the other does the OutSystems login.

Cheers,

João

Hi Joao,

Thanks for response. But I think was not able to explain my question clear. Don't want two login screens or 2 links. There are 2 different application lets say backend and frontend.

In backend application want AD SSO and in frontend application was OutSystems internal authentication.

Is it possible.

Thanks & Regards

Solution

Hi Vikas,

Ah! Now i get it! And yes it is possible.

On the Backoffice application, you have AD SSO login and in the frontend application you have OutSystems internal authentication.

You will just have to guarantee that your OnException handlers of each application direct the user to the adequate login.

Cheers,

João