Views
Comments
Solved
Activation of deployments
Question

It sometimes looks that after a succesfull deployment of a new version of my updated application ( containing several modules) from a shared  DEV to INT environment, the changes don't always seem to take immediate effect. As if it isn't yet activated after the roll-out. Do others have similar experiences, and does anyone know under which conditions this occurs?

Solution

Indeed.

• Fixed the automatic refresh of references that wasn't triggered after publishing the latest version of a module in an environment with Deployment Controller role only. (RPC-172)

Thanks Ricardo!

Hi Adam

OutSystems applies the changes and makes them visible in the new environment after the completion of the "Synchronizing Environment" step during the deployment process. 

With that being said, how long do your changes take to become visible after the completion of the deployment?

That was after one day.

Hi,

Do you have the latest versions of Lifetime and Platform server? Maybe you can have some kind of bug present in previous versions (I remember that at 2 or 3 versions before the last one, we have in a client some strange behaviors too). If it's not the latest version, maybe try to update.

Hope this can help.

Best regards,

Ricardo M Pereira

Yes we are with some 2 or 3 versions behind. Upgrading isn't in scope yet. Do you have any specific code suggestions where this bug might appear or reside in ?

Hi,

No, I don't have a clue, sorry.

Take a look at the release notes and see if you have something related with your problem: https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Release_Notes/11/Platform_Server

and if yes, maybe it's better to schedule an upgrade.

Best regards,

Ricardo M Pereira

Solution

Indeed.

• Fixed the automatic refresh of references that wasn't triggered after publishing the latest version of a module in an environment with Deployment Controller role only. (RPC-172)

Thanks Ricardo!

You're welcome! 

Best regards, 

Ricardo M Pereira