[CKEditor] [CKEditor] copying text from word file is giving increased character length

Forge Component
(29)
Published on 25 Aug by Prasad Rao
29 votes
Published on 25 Aug by Prasad Rao

copying text from word file is giving increased character length when pasted to Ck editor compared to same text from Notepad.
For notepad file:
copy the same text from word to notepad and then copy from notepad to ck editor it will work.

My required character length limit is 6100.
CK Editor forge version : Version 5.1.3
outsytems 11

I have attached OAP for the reference . you can find the word file in resources.

Hi Sahil,

I haven't looked at the OAP but my thoughts here is that , notepad data is plain text without any formatting in it whereas the word data has its own formatting and thus when you copy paste it from word it brings its own formatting and the size will differ as compare to the same text copied and paste from notepad.

Regards,

-PJ-

Pramod Jain wrote:

Hi Sahil,

I haven't looked at the OAP but my thoughts here is that , notepad data is plain text without any formatting in it whereas the word data has its own formatting and thus when you copy paste it from word it brings its own formatting and the size will differ as compare to the same text copied and paste from notepad.

Regards,

-PJ-

hi Pramod 

I was also thinking the same , but the thing is according to the users this was working fine for them (copying/pasting from the exact same word document), when I was using old version of ckEditor( Version 5.1.0 ) .

Is there any way to fix this without downgrading the component version if this is the root cause.

regards

sahil

Hi Sahil,

I really don't think its an version upgrade issue , it may possible in some cases where the data is straight forward without having line breaks or multiple paragraph the character count was same and hence user is claiming this .

Could you please provide any sample data (actual which user is using) which i can test on both the versions to see if it is a version issue or not.

Regards,

-PJ-

Pramod Jain wrote:

Hi Sahil,

I really don't think its an version upgrade issue , it may possible in some cases where the data is straight forward without having line breaks or multiple paragraph the character count was same and hence user is claiming this .

Could you please provide any sample data (actual which user is using) which i can test on both the versions to see if it is a version issue or not.

Regards,

-PJ-

Hi Pramod thanks for your reply.

The OAP I attached earlier is made with CK Editor forge version : Version 5.1.3  , i have added the validation which i need there, you can look into it.

old version which i was using earlier is ckEditor( Version 5.1.0 ). i have added the sample word file like the user was using.

PFA 

Regards

Sahil