I am trying to understand why my personal environments keep going offline.  It was my understanding that all we need to do was login at least once every 2 weeks.  I login every day, and my system still goes to sleep.

This started happening about a month ago.  Has there been some sort of change?

Hi,

You also need to make a regular change in an app (1CP)

Regards,

Daniel

I assume you mean a new app version ... How frequently must this change occur?

Thanks,
Ian

If you login with your user (Service center tenant) there is an update of User.Last_Login that should keep it alive.

I don't know about the frequency for making an update. You could figure it out with trail-and-error approach.

Try do it at least once a week, if it works, try 2 weeks, etc..

I log-in every day ... so, it's surprising to see it go offline while you are actively using it.

Hi Ian,

Another reason for PE inactivation could be the DB quota limit that was overpassed, but you would receive one e-mail with the warning. And this post info still applies.

Hope this info helps you, otherwise I strongly suggest to open a support case.

Best regards,

It's nothing like that ... right now the site works as a consolidation service, assembling data from multiple REST calls to display some HTML ... something like a dashboard.

Hi Ian,

You have to actively use it as a developer too, so you need to change something, publish something. It's a playground to try out OutSystems, not to only run applications.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Ian,

I was looking for more information on this topic and I have found you posted the same question two years ago and it was answered by Fabio here. Maybe the rules have changed a bit since then.

Was there a period where you did not have this issue or did the issue persist over the past couple of years?

Regards,

Nordin

Hi all,

There rules haven't changed that much, and maybe OutSystems doesn't want to put them black on white, as the purpose of the free personal environment is to experiment and learn to develop applications with OutSystems. It is not made available to run like an "production". 

The key (not specific rule is) if you "regular" learn and code in your OutSystems environment it stays alive.

If not it goes to sleep, if you don't wait to long you can awake it.

If you don't awake it, all applications will be downloaded to a solution, and your environment will be emptied.

You will get an email where you can download the solution and load it back in your environment, to continue your learning experience with the OutSystems platform. In this situation all application data will be lost.

Regards,

@Nordin, welcome back in in the top 5!

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Ian,

I was looking for more information on this topic and I have found you posted the same question two years ago and it was answered by Fabio here. Maybe the rules have changed a bit since then.

Was there a period where you did not have this issue or did the issue persist over the past couple of years?

Regards,

Nordin

Yes, and I learned a bunch of rules then which I implemented I thought.  But then it started going offline again and I couldn't explain why.  :)