how to hide/show a container that contain input box in android?

I am new on the Outsystem platform, I am using that platform to develop an android app,

I would like to know how to hide/show a container that contain input box when I click on button in android?

elkhazrajy abdellah wrote:

I am new on the Outsystem platform, I am using that platform to develop an android app,

I would like to know how to hide/show a container that contain input box when I click on button in android?

Hello you can create a ShowContainer boolean variable, and put the ShowContainer variable in the visible property, and change the value of that variable in the onclick!

Use the Visible property in the Properties of the container 

Faisal Waheed wrote:

I want to show/hide container when I click on button 

Hi elkhazrajy abdellah 

You can use Visible property of contianer and use one bollean parameter to change visibiltiy.

Find attached demo it will help you.

Regards

Rahul

Faisal Waheed wrote:

hey elkhazrajy abdellah

1.Make a boolean data type variable example "Boolean1"

2.In the visible property of the container Select "Boolean1"

3.In the action of the button drag and drop an assign 

4.choose "Boolean1" and set the value to False so when you click on the button the value is false and the container will disappear 

5.To make it appear Make another button and link it to another action 

6.In that action drag and drop an assign and in the properties area select "Boolean1" as Variable and value = True 

If still you find some difficulties ill show it in detail 

if you have more problems let me know 

Regards,Faisal 

Faisal Waheed wrote:

Faisal Waheed wrote:

hey elkhazrajy abdellah

4.choose "Boolean1" and set the value to False so when you click on the button the value is false and the container will disappear 

6.In that action drag and drop an assign and in the properties area select "Boolean1" as Variable and value = True 

Regards,Faisal 

5.To make it appear Make another button and link it to another action(It is not necessary, it can check in the same action if the value of the variable is true to false, if it is false it becomes true)

Adão Pedro wrote:

Faisal Waheed wrote:

Faisal Waheed wrote:

hey elkhazrajy abdellah

Regards,Faisal 

5.To make it appear Make another button and link it to another action(It is not necessary, it can check in the same action if the value of the variable is true to false, if it is false it becomes true)

Hey Adao

Yes link it to another action thats what i told

Hey elkhazrajy abdellah 

Follow these steps 

Make a boolean data type local variable and use it in the properties area of the container 

Now make a new action and name it ShowOnClick Now go to the action and drag and drop an assign select the variable and set the Value to True which means on click it will show you the Container then publish and test 

I tested it right now and it works 

This is the solution in detail 

If still you have difficulties let me know

Regards,Faisal  

I did all steps, but still not working, I uploaded a file

can someone tell me plz what I am doing wrong?

Hi I have updated your oml.

In your oml you set bool1 =True it will be false.

Regards

Rahul

Hey elkhazrajy abdellah 

i changed and fixed your problem please check it

I just tested the app and it works 

If you still need help let me know 

Regards,Faisal

Hello elkhazrajy abdellah ,

As you want container to be hidden initially, you should assign bool1 value to false initially. Before that you need to set input_button's OnClick event to trigger ButtonOnClick action.

Morever, You can make input_Button to control your input container's visibility. I have gone through your OML file and believed it may be needed. You can change your ButtonOnClick action like below(if want to toggle visibility):

Hope it helps!

Thanks,

Sanjay