clicking to a tab after it has been opened past auto logout issue

We are having an issue where if someone opens our page and logs in, then leaves the tab open for long periods of time - to the point that they auto log out, then try to hit a button on the page that requires them to be logged in, we are getting weird behavior.  The obvious, but somewhat time consuming, fix would be on every action that they need to be logged in for we check to make sure they are still logged in when they try to run that action.  However, it seems like the more elegant and future proof (in case we forget to add that action to the start of new actions etc) method would be to somehow either trigger an action on the page when they get auto logged out and/or if they go to another tab and then come back to this tab it triggers an action.  It seems like the first would be the best.  Anyone found a way to do this?

Hi Jason,

Is this a Traditional Web App? As far as I've seen, the app should redirect to the login screen. What "weird behaviour" are you getting?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Jason,

Is this a Traditional Web App? As far as I've seen, the app should redirect to the login screen. What "weird behaviour" are you getting?

Traditional web and react.  I think the issue there is that we are not using the built in roles in OutSystems, but our own permissions set.  So all of our pages have to have the "anonymous" checkbox checked.

Yes, going around OS's model can give some headaches. However, if you issue the right Exception, the behaviour should be the same.