Displaying Signature in another screen?

Hello, this is my first time posting in this forum. I am using this signature pad plugin for my web app.(https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/1400/signature-pad)

I've followed the documentation until step 4 where its about storing the signature. I've added the actions and now i am stuck with, how do i display the signature into another page? How do i ensure that the signature is stored locally? The documentation states that “Signature”(type BinaryData) is to store the signature. How do i access it?

Hi Louis,

From my understanding, once the BinaryData has been returned, you need to extend the logic were in to create an entity to store the BinaryData, and in the other Web Screen, use an aggregate to extract it.

Thank you and kind regards...

Chris

Solution

Hi Louis,

Please see the attached oml , i have created an example to take the signature and show them from the database.

To store it locally you need to create an entity and store it the same way we are storing in to the server database.

Run the application add employee and take signature and then it will be available on list screen.

Regards,

-PJ-

Solution

Hi Wang,

So you have created actions and local variables there.

Now when user will click on Done button you have to assign  Signature = SignatureBase64 , now this signature variable having your signature in base64 format.

you can save that in database and use to show that as image on other screen.

If you can share your application code/screen, I can help better. 

Pramod Jain wrote:

Hi Louis,

Please see the attached oml , i have created an example to take the signature and show them from the database.

To store it locally you need to create an entity and store it the same way we are storing in to the server database.

Run the application add employee and take signature and then it will be available on list screen.

Regards,

-PJ-

Solution.. This will help you Wang.

Hi Louis,

In my example , i have the employee entity where i am storing the signature and on the list page i am fetching the signature from the same entity with other details like first name and last name.

i didn't used the GetSignature function and rather stored and fetched data directly from database. If you have some confusion you can share your oml and i will do it according to your need.

Regards,

-PJ-

Pramod Jain wrote:

Hi Louis,

Regards,

-PJ-

Hello Pramod Jain,

Test Signature OML is Working. Thanks for your OML & Your Help.

Cheers

King Fizel

King Fizel wrote:

Pramod Jain wrote:

Hi Louis,

Regards,

-PJ-

Hello Pramod Jain,

Test Signature OML is Working. Thanks for your OML & Your Help.

Cheers

King Fiz

Happy to hear that it helped you ..happy (low) coding !

Regards,

-PJ-