Views
Comments
Solved
How to implement the Graph API for delegated permission ?
Question

I need help for Graph API integration with delegate permission.

I already checked with application permission and its working great but problem at permission. Administrator not allow the read and write permission for application. So we can use in that case delegated permission.

Solution

Yes, I finally successfully executed the delegate token in my application.

1. Create application(client_id / APplication id and Secret Key) for the Outsystems on the Azure portal. Refer the document - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/ographic/auth-v2-user

2. The admin has allowed the delegate token in the Azure portal and required permission e.g. User.Read.all, User.Read

3. Create authorization code and redirect on uri as defined in the uri Azure portal.

4. Generated a token using the Authorize code which is receive on Redierect_Uri

5. Use generated  the token in the Graph API and access to the Graph API as per requirement.

Regards,

Shahaji

Hi Shahaji,

Not sure if I understood your question, but I'm assuming that:

• You have an Azure application configured;
  • You already configured your application API permissions.

If you want your application to behave on behalf of a certain user you need to configure the delegated permissions. You also need to assign the user, you want to impersonate, an AppRole in that same application.

Having this then all you need to do is to request a token (on behalf of the impersonated user) and use the token for the subsequent requests.

IG

Solution

Yes, I finally successfully executed the delegate token in my application.

1. Create application(client_id / APplication id and Secret Key) for the Outsystems on the Azure portal. Refer the document - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/ographic/auth-v2-user

2. The admin has allowed the delegate token in the Azure portal and required permission e.g. User.Read.all, User.Read

3. Create authorization code and redirect on uri as defined in the uri Azure portal.

4. Generated a token using the Authorize code which is receive on Redierect_Uri

5. Use generated  the token in the Graph API and access to the Graph API as per requirement.

Regards,

Shahaji