Views
Comments
Old url still accessible
Question

Hi,

We recently changed the name of the module and pushed the changes to higher environment but users are still able to access the old module url if they directly type in the URL in browser. I checked in the service studio and in service center, I cannot find the espace with old name. My questions are

1. When we rename the module from ModuleA to ModuleB the URL will changed to env/ModuleB, how is it possible that I can still access env/ModuleA?
  2. How to make sure that we cannot access the app with old URL?

Regards.

Hi Prasad,

The only way I see for that to still happen is if you have an SEO module alias rule (see here).

Can you confirm you don't have any SEO rule defining the old name as an alias for the new name?

Other than that, I would double check to confirm module A is indeed removed from the environment and otherwise contact Outsystems support.

Best regards,

João Marques

Hi Prasad,

Internally IIS works with folders. When you publish a module, it's put in a new folder (Path: <platformserver>\running\<espacename>.<versionid>) on the server. IIS then points the URL to that folder to get the file. The old folder won't be deleted directly, especially when there are still modules referring the old module (because they weren't refreshed yet).

Maybe renaming a module only adds a new reference to the new folder, but does not remove the old one?

Regards,
Lennart

Hi,

I do not have any SEO rules defined and searching for Module A in service center or service studio doesn't return anything.

I also feel the same that its either still in cache or the compiled module is still in directory (will confirm with internal team who has access to server). Do you know, does restarting the server clear them?

Regards.

Hi,

For more info, you can take a look at https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/Maintenance_and_Operations/Guide_to_disk_space_usage_and_control_on_OutSystems_Platform_servers

This also states:

The automatic cleanup process of the running directory is performed periodically by the OutSystems deployment service. The service will delete any folder within <platformserver>\running\ that is currently not being used by any IIS virtual directory, and currently by default:

• On development environments (server mode = Development) it will clear any folder older than 15 minutes

• On production environments (server mode = Production) it will clear any folder older than 24 hours

Regards,
Lennart