[ReactFilePondUpload] [FilePondUpload] Accepted File on Mobile App
Question
Forge component by Stuart Harris

Im using this on the mobile app and not on a browser

Need your help on the usage of the FilePondUpload , when I use the "FilePondUpload_CreateAcceptedFileTypes" action, i put "jpeg" "png" and "pdf" on file type but when i browse using the app, i only see "jpeg" even though there are pdf on that folder.  

and when i use the common one with only images and documets are set to true, i can see all documents including .apk

Hope for your response
Thank you.

Thanks Win,

I appreciate you posting the question.

Different browsers and devices/computers can report different MIME types.  It is possible that the mime type the plugin uses PDF "application/pdf", is not being recognised by the mobile.

To diagnose, it would help to understand what type of mobile, operating system and which browser on the mobile, or if it is in a mobile app using an embedded browser.  Also, more information about how you are configuring the plugin, just to ensure it is being wired up correctly.  Although, I imagine that is all ok.

Essentially though, without more information, for your issue, it looks like there is a bug and without any change, the accepted file types does not appear to be working for your scenario.

This probably isn't the answer you were looking for but I hope it helps.

If I have enough information to diagnose I may be able to identify the problem and provide a fix.

Kind regards,

Stuart

Stuart Harris wrote: Im using Oppo F11 Pro - Android 10 but it was also tested on google pixel and we encounter the same behavior, I believe it is working on the browser. The only issue is that it is not working on the mobile app itself. 

Thanks Win,

I appreciate you posting the question.

Different browsers and devices/computers can report different MIME types.  It is possible that the mime type the plugin uses PDF "application/pdf", is not being recognised by the mobile.

To diagnose, it would help to understand what type of mobile, operating system and which browser on the mobile, or if it is in a mobile app using an embedded browser.  Also, more information about how you are configuring the plugin, just to ensure it is being wired up correctly.  Although, I imagine that is all ok.

Essentially though, without more information, for your issue, it looks like there is a bug and without any change, the accepted file types does not appear to be working for your scenario.

This probably isn't the answer you were looking for but I hope it helps.

If I have enough information to diagnose I may be able to identify the problem and provide a fix.

Kind regards,

Stuart

Thanks Win,

Thats a big help. So it is running on Android 10. Do you see the same issue on iOS as well?

Could you explain the OutSystems application type the plugin is running in? As much information as possible would help me replicate the problem; otherwise I may not be able to provide a fix. Probably the simplest way would be to upload a sample app where the issue does not work.

Also do you have a deadline? If it is possible to fix, it might be a week or so until I can look into it.

Kind regards,

Stuart

Stuart Harris wrote:

Thanks Win,

Thats a big help. So it is running on Android 10. Do you see the same issue on iOS as well?

Could you explain the OutSystems application type the plugin is running in? As much information as possible would help me replicate the problem; otherwise I may not be able to provide a fix. Probably the simplest way would be to upload a sample app where the issue does not work.

Also do you have a deadline? If it is possible to fix, it might be a week or so until I can look into it.

Kind regards,

Stuart

We only tested it on IOS browser as we haven't generated it for IOS yet. Yes, I've created a sample app for you
FilePondTestMobile. Please install on android and check, also see the sample oml that i attached. I tested this and I can only see images but not pdf file. Note: It is working fine on browsers. 

Thanks

FilePondTestMobile.oml

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.