Views
Comments
A method to display an anonymous user's recent input details submission (summary)

Hi OS community!

I'm generally new to the OS Platform, and I wanted to ask for help. 

Is there a method to display an anonymous user's recent input details submission (summary) before submission? Let's say the context of this is a new user account application for an outsystems app. I guess it is something similar to a Google Form that shows the submitted details post-submission, regardless if the user is anonymous or not.

Best,

Rafa 

Hi Rafael,

Yep this is definitely possible. You can create a Submission Entity which stores the data you require without linking it to a User ID. A User ID can be linked to a submission after the user is created if required.

If you wanted to link the User ID at a later time one way of doing this is having an optional User ID column in your Submission Entity which is left blank when the anonymous user populates and saves the form. A User ID can be assigned to that record at a later time when his/her OutSystems account is eventually created.

Ossama 

Hi Rafa

Great start! 

What you need to do is ensure that you are saving the submission data in the first page and then pass through the Entity ID of that form submission as a page input parameter of the next page. Then use that input parameter to filter for that particular submission record in the aggregate you mentioned. 

Note that test values in aggregates are only used for testing purposes during development and do not presist when you publish your module. 

Ossama

Hi Rafa

Your save/next page action should look something like this (I'm using the Users Entity as an example):

Your second page must have an input parameter of your submission ID:

In the second page in the aggregate of the submissions being returned, filter for the ID passed in as the input parameter: 

Ossama

The SaveSubmissionData action represents the CreateOrUpdate action of your Submission Enitity e.g.

Ossama