Hi Team,

Need a help in using the BDD test framework, I have created few test case using this framework,

but I want to know how to use 1. Final Result 

2. Setup & Teardown step

Also I have 5 different screns for the test case and how do I make them execute in a sequence. Please help, thanks in advance.

Regards,

Madhu Sudhan

Hi Madhu,

You can add multiple scenarios to 1 screen to execute in sequence. Then you MUST add the final result web block after the last scenario so BDD framework can correctly report how many passed or failed.

The startup and teardown web block can optionally be used to prepare data for the test and cleanup data generated or changed during the test.

Regards,

Daniel

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi Madhu,

You can add multiple scenarios to 1 screen to execute in sequence. Then you MUST add the final result web block after the last scenario so BDD framework can correctly report how many passed or failed.

The startup and teardown web block can optionally be used to prepare data for the test and cleanup data generated or changed during the test.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the response, I have implemented the Final Result and was working fine, could you please help me with an example for the Startup and Teardown setup step. Thanks.

Regards,

Madhu

Hi Madhu,

As I said the Startup and Teardown are optional. Are  a special kind of step that can be included in scenarios  (before or after the actual test logic) to perform setup/cleanup operations of data that is outside of the scope of the scenario from a functional/business perspective (for instance, delete test data that was generated during the test.) 

Regards,

Daniel