Not able to generate app using Geofence Plugin

Hi everyone,

I am trying to generate an application using the Geofence Plugin forge component. But when trying to generate the application, I am getting the below error:

Error generating application. At least one Cordova plugin used in the build requires an AndroidX library, which is not currently compatible with MABS. Check your plugins configuration.

Any suggestions on how I can resolve this are welcome.

Thanks and Regards,

Shubham Deshpande. 

Hi Shubham,

This error occurs when building an app with a plugin that uses an AndroidX support library or a dependency that uses one. AndroidX is currently not compatible with MABS. There is a conflict caused by using AndroidX support libraries together with older Android support libraries.  

Please go through this documentation from Outsystems , they mentioned about the problem,cause and its resolution.

https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/Troubleshooting/MABS_Upgrade_Troubleshooting_Guide_-_Android

Regards,

-PJ-

Hi Pramod,

I have read this, but the only resolution given here is:

• Try to upgrade/downgrade the plugin(s) to another version that may lock these dependencies

If the issue remains:

• Modify the plugin(s) to lock the problematic dependency version

I have tried to upgrade/downgrade the MABS versions, but that hasn't helped. 

I also tried to modify the plugin slightly and republish and perform manage dependency to try and lock the dependency versions but even that hasn't helped.

Do you have any ideas on how this can be done exactly?

Thanks and Regards,

Shubham Deshpande.

Hi Shubham,

When i had this issue i handed over the plugin code to my Android developer and asked him to Modify the plugin and  to lock the problematic dependency version. He opened the plugin in Android Studio and removed\locked the dependencies and it worked for me.

Regards,

-PJ-

Hi Pramod,

Thanks for the quick response. 

I will try this route.

Thanks and Regards,

Shubham Deshpande.

Pramod Jain wrote:

Hi Shubham,

When i had this issue i handed over the plugin code to my Android developer and asked him to Modify the plugin and  to lock the problematic dependency version. He opened the plugin in Android Studio and removed\locked the dependencies and it worked for me.

Regards,

-PJ-

Hi Pramod,

Could you please share the updated plugin, that will be really help full and time saving for all who are trying to use this plugin.