[CryptoAPI] CryptoAPI - checking the encryption (performing decrytion) outside OS

Forge Component
(32)
Published on 2019-03-03 by Ricardo Silva
32 votes
Published on 2019-03-03 by Ricardo Silva

Dear All,

I am currently working on a project where we have to send encrypted Data to a stakeholder, that does not use Outsystems. 

The encryption with CryptoAPI works. I am performing a 2 step encryption: text data encrypted with AES symmetric encryption. 2. Step: Encrypting the AES key with RSA Server Action and the stakeholders public key. (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40243857/how-to-encrypt-large-file-with-rsa)

We are currently testing with a Test-RSA Key pair, I would like to use OpenSSL for Decryption or any other tool outside of Outsystem to verify that the decryption is possible.

Could someone help me with the right command line for OpenSSL?

Already tried variations of this:  openssl enc -aes-256-cbc -d -in enc_text.txt -kfile AES_key.txt -out newtext.txt -a and something like this: openssl rsautl -decrypt -in enc_AES_key.txt -out newkeyplain.txt -inkey privatekey.pem that did not work.

Best Regards,

Alex

Hi Alex,

If you open the CryptoAPI component you can check the c# code used. If you create a small solution in VS with the same code you will be able to decrypt the information that you want. If you want other language just google for a "translation"

Regards,

Marcelo

Hey,

thanks for the reply and the solution. Will try that immediately. 

Regards,

Alex