Trignometry under "Expression value"

Hi Team,

In what way can we have a calculation with SINE; COSINE etc. created under "Expression value". There is only very simple math available but no trignometry functions.

Thanks,

Ralf

Hi Ralf,

It is true that we don't have any pre-defined trigonometry math functions available in the Service Studio to solve the trigonometric calculations but we do have some components available in the Forge space of which you can take reference in the application to solve the mentioned requirement.

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/516/mathutils

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/8407/math-extension


Hope this helps you!


Regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi Benjith,

Thank you very much for your fast answer. 

Regards

Ralf

Ralf Richau wrote:

Hi Benjith,

Thank you very much for your fast answer. 

Regards

Ralf

You are most welcome, Ralf :)


Regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi again,

I made it with Math-Ex and it works well. Unfortunately it is a server solution. Is there as well a off-line version available?

Regards

Ralf

Hi Ralf,

Are you using reactive or traditional apps? 

Regards,

Samiksha

Ralf Richau wrote:

Hi Team,

In what way can we have a calculation with SINE; COSINE etc. created under "Expression value". There is only very simple math available but no trignometry functions.

Thanks,

Ralf

 

 Hi,

Can you check this component? 

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/6319/expression-evaluator

I created that extension few months back and used. Please check and let me know.

Thanks

Sourav

Hey Ralf,

If you want to make it Client side, I believe JS or JQuery already have some built in functions...

See here.

I tested in my browser console and it worked:



So, when using reactive or mobile apps, I believe you can use a Javascript function to do it.


Hope it helps :)


Cheers and Regards,

RR 

Hi Ralf,


Now you have a component Math Utils Reactive with client actions for trigonometry :)


Hope it helps.


Cheers,

João

João Marques wrote:

Hi Ralf,


Now you have a component Math Utils Reactive with client actions for trigonometry :)


Hope it helps.


Cheers,

João

 

Nice João!! :)

Great news!!

I had it on my to do list as well, but didn't had the time! :P