Views
Comments
mail configuration
Question

Hi Team,

I have the below client requirement, kindly help me to achieve the same,

person A assigns an activity to person B. and person B receives an email notification on accepting that person A should get an email on the acceptance. all this mail configuration should be internally in the system. I need to develop an internal email configuration.

can you provide any sample application for email configuration and also the steps

Regards,

Sowndarya

Hi Sowndarya,

For the above flow, the best solution would be Outsytems BPT, you can refer the below link to understand BPT (there you can add Emails as well) and how it will help you in your user story

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Use_Processes_(BPT)

hope that will help you

Regards,

Krushna

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi sowndarya b,

Both server actions and BPT can send emails (there's a tool on the left toolbox for that), so you can implement your own business rules on when to send emails. I believe you are restricted to define your email screens in Traditional Web applications though.

Email configuration (SMTP server details and credentials) are available in Service Center, under Administration > Email (you need to have administrator privileges on your environment to set it up).

Hope this helps!

mvp_badge
MVP

Sowndarya,

As of now, the only way of easily design and send emails from the OutSystems platform is implementing that functionality in a Traditional Web application:

• Design your email screen
  • Create a public Server Action that as part of its action flow sends the email
  • Reference the Server Action from your Reactive module
  • Call the Server Action when you need to actually send an email

This is a current limitation of Reactive apps, it is not possible to design email screens in a Reactive/Mobile module.

Hope this helps!

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Sowndarya,

To complement Jorge’s detailed explanation, here is a video tutorial on the sending emails from RWA.

Regards,

Nordin