Reporting Services

Reporting Services

Hi,

I'm using service studio (version 5.1) and i have an espace that uses an action (CallListReportsUsingDataSource) from the extension MsSqlReportWebService to make the integration with reporting services.

It all works fine,i can visualize and generate reports, the problem is that i want to pass parameters from my espace to the reports. Is it possible? If so how can i do it?

Best Regards,
Paulo Rodrigues

Hi Paulo,

I will leave here the message that also sent to you by email in your direct query in the "Ask OutSystems" so that the answer is shared with the rest of the Community.

From your description, I assume that you have an extension that is invoking an SQL Reporting Services interface for the generation of the report. In order to know how to pass report parameters to that interface, you should refer to the SQL Reporting Services API documentation (for example, if you are using the web service API and SQL Reporting Services 2008, you could look at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms152787.aspx) .

After knowing the Reporting Services API methods to invoke, you should check if the functionality is already available in your extension. If not, you will have to implement it directly in C# (or Java, in case you are using the Java stack). The implementation is not more than simply invoking the reporting API available and exposing it to Service Studio.

I am sorry for not being able to help you more than this, but the question you submitted is highly specific of your integration environment and a third party technology (the SQL Reporting Services). If you have any OutSystems specific information/problem where we can help, please share it so that we can take a look at it.

Kind Regards,

Daniel Lourenço
OutSystems