Scramble text when export record list to excel

Hi All,
I not sure why my exported data from record list will become scramble text like below picture.

I tried debugged my action but I see nothing wrong with it. It does append correct data into the list.


Would appreciate everyone helps in this matter.

Thank you.

Hi Gwen,

Could you please attach/share the RecordListToExcel and Download node property section screen shot as well..


Regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi Benjith,

Please refer the attached below.

 


Thank you!

Gwen wrote:

Hi Benjith,

Please refer the attached below.

 


Thank you!

Thank you Gwen for sharing the screen clips, could you please change the extension from .xls to .xlsx in the Download node and check whether it is working or not..


Hope this helps you!


Regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi Benjith Sam,

I changed the extension from .xls to .xlsx. No luck. Still getting the same thing.

Once I clicked 'yes', it prompt 'The file is corrupted'.

Hi Gwen,

The flow looks correct to me and its bit difficult to track the issue without code & actual data. If possible could you please share a sample .oml file with the same implementation.


Regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi Gwen,


When you are assigning the output of the first action to the list, you're adding the list again on the mapping. Include only the fields, removing the underlined part on my image below for all the mapping fields:



Hope it helps.


Cheers,

João

Hi Benjith,

I'm truly sorry that I couldn't provide the .oml file as it consist some confidential information within the file.

Thanks for your assistance anyway!

Hi João Marques,

I have tried removed the ID as well, no luck to solve the issue.

Thanks for your help anyway !

 

 

Hi Gwen,


Just to make sure I get it, you said you removed the ID. I was trying to say to keep the fields just remove the rest.

So for your mappings, I'm suggesting:

  • Logid = Id (or SRApprovalEmailReminderLogHeader.Id)
  • StartExecutionDateTime = StartExecutionDateTime (or SRApprovalEmailReminderLogHeader.StartExecutionDateTime) 
  • and so on for the others


Have you given a try to this?


Cheers,

João

Hi João,

Yes, I do try change the mapping as per your following but still getting the same result.
I also try to recreate the web screen by scaffolding and re-do the export function.

My other pages export function works well, but this page doesn't goes well. 

Solution

Hi All,

Thanks for help. I managed to found and solved the issue. It is due to an external JavaScript is added in OnBeginWebRequest, that messed up the whole download.


Kindly refer to forum below for solution if any other had encounter the same issue with me,
1. https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/47024/corrupted-files-when-downloading-from-the-database/#Post172045
2. https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/34190/blob-to-pdf/#Post120838 


Thank you!

 

Solution